PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME!!!!!((:-(

Bronze Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 97
guys as some of you know what happened to my system yesterday.... it just shut off and now its not even turning back on.... i do not know what the problem is.. i showed it to 5 friends all of them said its perfectly fine even their working amps didnt work.. BUT SINCE YESTERDAY my gets heat up too much... that meter that shows that crossess the RED BAd it gets RAELLLY HOT ... COuld that be a problem why the amp wont turn on...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
also i tried to run a different amp but that didnt power up up IT seems like there is NO power as if evertyhign was dead... the connections are fine too.. i tried a diffrent fuse and checked other fuses and everything was fine.. so could this be a reason that the car is getting hot??/ the amp is not turning on because of something...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ HELP WELL THE CAR IS FINE NOW THATS FIXED BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH THE AMP>>!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4060
Do as you were instructed before. That will tell you exactly how or where to fix.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
ISAAC i did follow the instructions but nothing happened... i installed a new 50 a fuse in a fuse fuse holder... stripped the wire ends again and installed it as a fresh but there is still no power in the amp...
i tried to run another amp but that didnt work... i am VERY confused what is the problem why isnt amp turning on??? and now the voltage is going to power cable end becuase i saw some sparks while connecting ground n power...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4062
Are you saying you have voltage on the power wires? If so, what was it? 12.5v? 14.4v? You need to know exactly. Did you measure with the engine on too?
If and only after that, then you can diagnose further.
With the DMM, measure the voltage on your remote wire too. It should be zero with radio off, around 12.5v or higher with it on. If you don't see any change, then the remote wire from the HU is blown.
Best way to test is, take a thin wire and connect it to the amp's remote terminal. Now lightly touch the pos wire. It should cause a spark while trigger the amp to turn on. If that occurs, then the fault lies with the remote on the HU.
Again, you have to follow the steps carefully. Then the problem isn't that difficult to solve.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
thnx isaac... you the way u told me to test the remote wire that connect one end to amp and other to positive wire.. do you mean that to power cable because that is positive... soo i take a wire oen end goes to remote terminal n other basically touches the power cable n if sparks are shown then things are fine... RIght?? LEts say tha tremote wire my Hu is blown then how do i fix that.. and i do not have a dmm but a question isaac that day when the amp was on the amplifier showed 14.4 v and it reflected like to 13.8 then 14.2 like that BUT i am pretty shure that my battery is 12.5v:S

Gold Member

Post Number: 4064
Connect a piece of wire to the amp's remote terminal and then lightly touch the pos power wire on the amp. It should cause some spark. Check the power light on the amp, it should be lit. If not, then the amp is dead.
If the remote wire from the HU is dead, then you can hook it up to the power antenna on the radio OR you can use the cig lighter's positive wire as the trigger (as long as the cig lighter plug shuts off with the car). Some older cars will not turn off.
If you don't have DMM, get one from Radio Shack. It's only $10-$20 and will save you lot of grief.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
the amp does work on 14.4 battery as it is specified in the manual... ill run the remote wire test (touch the + terminial) there are 2 outcomes either it will spark or it wont.. what should i do on each outcomes... if osmeone can plz tell me:-(:-(:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 4066
This is why I told you to get DMM. You can find the answer without hooking up the amp. If you measure the voltage on the remote wire and the power wires, then there is no guess work.
I already gave you the options above.
If the amp is dead, get it fixed or get another one. If the HU's remote wire is dead, then use the power antenna or cig lighter power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
aiite thnx isaac... i was already using power atenna wire bu tyeah if no sparks show up then then ill use the red (power supply cable) or red cig lighter...

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
aiite thnx isaac... i was already using power atenna wire bu tyeah if no sparks show up then then ill use the red (power supply cable) or red cig lighter...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us