Cant get my system to hit

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
I installed my raa 1000 mb quart and pwe 352 @ 1ohm but i cant get it to hit like a subwoofer should well to me. Is it becuse mb qaurt is sq not spl i ran a 80hz tone and didnt even go to the sub. But 50hz will and its lound, and i tried to tune it to 80 i couldnt do it. the next step is to pay to have someone tune it. i was trying to avoid paying

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 880
what do you have your Low-pass filter set to on your raa1000? set it at about 80hz if you dont have it there already.

oh...and an 80hz tone is not a deep tone at all, the sub prolly wont be all that loud w/ that tone. (unless your car peaks out near that frequency, which would be really odd.) Most of the time your sub will be used to reproduce frequencies between 30-80hz...but the most noticable bass will prolly be in the 40-60hz range. (depending on the box)

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
oh so i guess it straight becuse that sub loves 50hz tones but its not bass heavy like i am used to ,only on certain songs. it wont go higher or lower its stuck in that range so is that all its got people look at me like this is it for a fifteen

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4084
What kind of box are you using with the sub? If ported, what is it tuned to? How big is the box?
What is the LPF set on the amp? What is your HU's preout voltage?

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
sealed 1.5cu ft pre amp is 4volts but one thing i did do is keep the gain down at like 5 or 6 so i dont cause it to clip once i had it turned on listening to it and it hit hard but i found out i was bottiming out and cliping so i just turned it down. my freind bought the exact same system i have and blew his within a couple hours. as for the lpf i am not sure right now becuse my car is in the garage about 400-500feet from my house so i cant just go outside and check that easy. but still will mb quarts subs still hit like other subs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4085
Check the QTS on your sub. It'll tell you whether it's better in a sealed or vented enclosure.
I think for the type of bass you're looking for, you really need a vented box, tuned to 30Hz - 35Hz.
Go to www.bcae1.com and look under enclosure. There's a calculator for it.
If you have RTA, you might want to capture the bass response in your trunk. It'll tell you at what frequency sounds the trunk sounds loudest.
For the amout of power you're talking about, sealed won't do.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4527
Honestly, Quarts subs aren't worth a lot of hoopla for SQ or SPL. Not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but there are much better subs out there for what you spend, I'd put their top of the line Premium sub on par with a JL W3 MAYBE, if not slightly below. Sounds like a HPF, though, you should hear something at 80hz, be it good or crappy.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
Shoot this whole setup cost me 500 dollars altoghether for an amp (2)15s Pwe352 and 354 :-( (they cant work togheter different v.c.) and a box so i think its great saying i was going to buy audiobahn aw1206t and a infinity 1300watt amp. the quart sub cost me 130$ after taxes.

anyway whats johnathan i cant afford anything better and most of the people my age there systems truly suck. one guy spent 650 dollars for 2 memphis 10's and a 400watt(probaly peak)
and a box. And a nother set of (2) 15" memphis speakers that did not hit at all according to a freind with exact same system i have he compared to a set of duals. atleast tell me this should they sound better than this sub Thunder5500 T5512-44

but j what do you mean high pass filter how do i actaully change it thanks for the help guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 4110
I think Jonathan meant, you might have HPF on. That will cut off low frequencies. Check to see LPF is on, not HPF.
You can always sell your equipments on eBay and get proper subs. Even the Pyramid products got bought.

Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1
it doesnt have a hpf on that amp its a subwoofer amp

why

it hits on songs that have low bass if you like rap, listen to this song dem franchise boy, i think they like me remix that sub loves that song

now i registered i am now killerzracing71

Post Number: 2
whow they got my name backwards got to change that

Gold Member

Post Number: 4111
In that case what was the LPF set to? It should be around 80Hz - 100Hz.

Post Number: 5
some where around that it goes from 15-250 i think i im trying to think from my head i will check in a bout an hour it should be set at about 50-60hz for reeal cuz thats were it hits the hardest. i will go check for real

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4534
Yeah, I meant LPF. Got typing mixed up.

The Quarts aren't horrible subs or anything, they're built well, but personally I'd spend the money on a sub like IDQs, or invest in a single subwoofer capable of higher output.

Post Number: 9
i didnt invest any money into it i spent 130 for a brand new top of the line subwoofer. what would be a better subwoofer under well under 300 that can handle 1000rms @1ohm

oh yeah the lpf is set about there i fine tune it by listening to songs and turned tell it hi hard. i also have a subsonic filter from 15-50hz and it has a on off switch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us