Cast your votes: Most Durable Sub

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 220
This one here refers to that sub that just won't fail! Day after day, pound for pound, takes it like a champ!!! Personally, my favorite question... please vote to indicate YOUR CHOICE for MOST DURABLE SUB. Your expertise, knowledge, first hand experience, and opinions are greatly valued and appreciated. First hand experience is, without a doubt, the most accurate vote - however all input is welcome. An explanation for your vote is not required, but encouraged.

We thank you very much for participating.
Voting results will be revealed within 1 week.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2093
JL 12w6v2

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 637
alpine type s , from my personal experience anyway... these were my first, beat the hell outa them cause i didnt know what i was doing .. clipped them.. fed one of them 500 watts with a jl 500/1, put them in ported boxes that i made ( had no idea how to build them at the time) but i figure they were tuned to about 60 hz - with that i had no subsonic filter on cranked them up for a few weeks with that... and put a framing square threw one of the cones lol (box tipped) and they still work fine ( these are the newer ones with the "chrome" cones btw)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4795
HAHA guys, i know your going to hate me for this, but right now im going to have to say my 12 inch sony explodes are the most durable subs i have had. I stil havent blown them after running eahc with a hifonics 1500d amp, and both together with a jl1000/1. These subs i just cant blow for some reason. But also, there the only subs i have attempted to blow. So i dont know what sub can take a beating becasue i dont try to blow my subs. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Ihaveasystem2

Post Number: 73
I would have to say Audiobahn because I have 2 Audiobahn awc12t subs that say 2000 watt max a pair but I put them on a 2400 watt amp and still have not blown them

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9699
wire them to a wall outlet

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 225
My expert opinion?
SPL competitors put tremendous amounts of stress on subwoofers. They put 5 to 10,000 watts rms to a single woofer. This will cause thermal failure within seconds not to mention mechanical. Cones rip apart, dampers rip, voice coil formers buckle, tinsel leads burn in half, surrounds come apart, coils turn into slinkys, lol.

Not opinion, but the fact is Digital Designs assembles the most durable woofers. This is common knowledge among spl competitors. I'm not saying all competitors agree DD are loudest woofer available, however they will tell you DD's build quality is unsurpassed.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 881
yea...i have to agree w/ zac.

DD's are beasts...i have seen 3515s take beating and never miss a lick.

oh...and derrick, how many batts and how big of an alt do you have for that "2400w amp". I very well doubt your subs have actually seen a true 2400wrms. i have found that audiobahns are some the cheapest made subs i have ever seen. A buddy of mine totally destroyed 4 immortals talking about (15" versions) w/ about 4 burps each (w/ a cadence ~2200w amp and 2 optima yellow tops). The dustcaps literally blew and the cones screwed up.

Gold Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 1008
i'd have to say either the ddaudio 9900 or the Reaudio MT. The mtx audio 9500 can also take a beating for a sql driver but its nothing IMO compared to the MT

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
Great opinions, everyone, please keep it coming.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 767
Treo SSX:-)

Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
the mtx 22

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 591
eclipse ti Pro

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3908
the JL w6v1 line and w6v2 line are extremly durrable subs. I have been running my ava for a while now and it has never skipped a beat so you cand ask for more then that. I completly agree with Zac I have seen 95 series DD's take tremendous amounts of power and keep on playing like the energizer bunny. DD=Exceptional build quality!

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 757
I'd have to agree with Zac and marshall... But for daily driver, I'd have to say Eclipse...

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 200
the MTX 9500 is one durable sub ive never seen one go bad even after getting a crazy clipped signal everyday...it may not be the best sounding sub but it gets loud and is reliable that things a tank

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
18 votes mentioned so far... keep your opinions coming in...
Glass? Jonathan? There's so many more of you...
You guys are going to vote, right?

We appreciate it. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4564
DD by far.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
bump