Hey. I just installed my amp the other day brand new out of the box. I have it hooked up to an ma audio 1500xl sub and an alpine cda-9835 hu. The amp is connected to a cap and was working fine, but then it just shut off. The digital readout on the cap and amp read anywhere from 12-14 volts before it shut off consistently. Now neither the cap or amp will turn on. What should i do? if it helps, both the cap and amp are grounded in the same location which is about 3-6 inches from a smaller amp for my speakers. and since then the belt around my alternator has snapped and the battery light on the dash won't turn off.
Sounds like you over taxed your stock alternator. Get your car tested properly from shops like PetShop boys. There's a chance you might have to replace both the battery and alternator. Just curious, did you get dimming lights before all that happened?