Internet Stores

HIFIGUY
Unregistered guest
What are the best internet stores to purchase high end amplifiers at??

I've looked at cardomain, cardiscountstereo and crutchfield.

I am looking for JL Audio, US Amps, Zapco, McIntosh Laboratories and Brax.

I try to avoid ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1484

quote:

I try to avoid ebay.

Eh, I've seen some excellent deals on ebay for high end audio equipment (and have even taken advantage of some of them). The intense research it takes however, would probably not make it the best place to start for a tyro...

Crutchfield doesn't carry high-end amps. And the selection they currently offer has low power ratings so that stock alternators won't limit what you can buy from them.

Cardomain.com looks worse than Crutchfield and cardiscountstereos.com is fraught with awful amplifiers. They do not even carry mid-level equipment.

A personal favorite would be www.woofersetc.com They have a great selection and nice deals. Pretty smooth transactions.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 170
Simply type in each brand on www.google.com & away u go !
BTW - also consider MMATS amps , totally awesome & a little bit cheaper than those others that u mentioned . Their amps are amazing smaller than other companies too & they have an excellent reputation .

HIFIGUY
Unregistered guest
"Cardomain.com looks worse than Crutchfield and cardiscountstereos.com is fraught with awful amplifiers. They do not even carry mid-level equipment."

Are Phoenix Gold and Xtant less than mid-level?

I was under the impression that they were good.
Correct me if I am wrong.

MMATS...never heard of them. I will take a look. How could I research the quality level of their amps. Are they one of those companies that puts all of their money into research and building quality product as opposed to advertising. Hence the low price and high quality?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 182
Thats the thing with MMATS - all ppl blab about is Kicker/RF/JL but audiophiles who used them will tell u . Since i've been reading this forum its only been mentioned 1 or 2 times since most ppl posting are on low budgets .

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/products.htm

Ask Glass he will tell u , just today i ran a thread on MMATS 3000 , check out his response . Their power is actually underrated .

Also posted this on your other thread too ......

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 622
Pheonix Gold amps are pretty good, although many people are saying that they are going downhill lately. Xtant makes excellent amps. They are in the same caliber as JL, US amps and Zapco. Great stuff. Try www.onlinecarstereo.com also, they have a pretty good selection.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 183
Sorta like BMW,Benz,Porsche,ferrari,Lamborghini,McClaren
U never see them advertising on the networks but the waiting list to buy 1 is mths -lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us