Bronze Member
Username: Thugunlimitedx

Post Number: 19
dude sayin a kicker l7 or jl w7 will kill a RE MT or XXX

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 686
what dude? let him get on this forum and try to outwit some of our established Gold and Silver Members.

and by what means will it "kill" these speakers

price- not with the JL
SQ- not if the XXX is in the lineup
SPL- c'mon, seriously you are talking about an MT

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
like der better dan re s

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 687
hmmmm...
well, simply put......he is wrong. lol
the JLW7 is a GREAT sub, but for the price, you could get just as good, if not better for less money.
Kicker L7's do get very loud indeed, VERY loud, but they don't sound clean. the bass is unclear, and distorted, the bass sounds like crap, to put it simple.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
i said 2 my friend da re s will give it 2 them

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 286
dude an mt will destroy any of those subs listed there...i would much rather go with a xxx than an l7 if i was goin for sq...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
dats wat i said it will kill both of them an its cheaper than the w7

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 163
Your friend is drunk. He is losing (has lost)ALL sense of judgement.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 703
bump, i figured someone else would like to rant about his friends statement.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9616
simply put, he's misinformed.
he's never heard an MT or a XXX, and probably not a W7 either.. I'd bet his experience ends with the L7.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
not my friend my friends friend in class an i was thinkin wat 1 will b louder the re mt 12 or 15 an if the 15 will is the 2 bx1500 hifonics @ 1ohm a peace still b go0d 4 that sub an in a 3.803cuft boxed tuned 2 28hz or 30hz ur help thankx

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4087
RE MT 15" needs at least 4cu ft of space, 5 is best. The port should be around 35Hz or higher. It's not a SQ sub like X.X.X. The port needs to be wide, as in lot of area space. For example 2 6" ports or equivalent.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9724
tell your friend's friend to stay in school before he gets taken to school by someone who knows what they're talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 439
Tell the guy if he truely believes that JL is better than the XXX or Mt then i have a bridge for sale cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 21
I Know a person like that. his name is Micah, the only black kid at our school, and he thinks that he knows everything about audio. To exploit his stupidity on a global level i will tell you first his system layout, then the after affect. He had a crappy sony head unit, a MTX 1501D, and an L7. He dosent know anything about the properties of electricity and hence wired his amp down to 1ohm(the amp is not stable at 1 ohm). he said that it was the loudest and cleanest thing in the world. He claimed that what ever me or Nick(aka Joe Smoe) got would be slaughtered by his L7. Nick got an avalance and it kicks the crap out of Micahs L7. I had an Eclipse 8812.4(which is for sale) at the time that was almost as loud as micah's L7 and crystal clear. Micah burnt up his L7 and his 1501d amp magicily disappeared. He is now listening to 2 Tornados(cough) ran by a lanzar amp(cough).

-Moral of the story, dont do drugs.

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 23
ps- Micah says Jl audio is the worst brand ever.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3523
Exactly...

Boy, that sure is funny when you actually know this guy...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4528
First things first, the JL W7 is NOT a lesser sub than an XBL^2 motored competitor. Just because it doesn't use XBL^2 doesn't mean it lacks a good BL curve, the 10W7 alone has near perfect linearity to over 20mm of excursion, and still retains it's linearity to nearly 27mm of excursion, you can see this on Adire's tech pages if you like. The 12W7 has a longer, more linear stroke, and is actually MORE linear than a Brahma is, with a FLATTER BL curve. The W7, like the XXX, is more of a suspension limited design than a BL limited design, that is where the Xmax ratings are coming from. The tradeoff is the added moving mass of the coil due to it's length (overhung motor design), and the higher inductance because of that. It also has a little less overall motor force, but the cone of the W7 is lighter than that of a Brahma, so it makes up for it. The Brahma, XXX, and W7 are ALL excellent subwoofers, none to be scoffed at.

Like said above, the RE MT is totally different, an SPL inclined subwoofer. The Kicker L7...is a piece of garbage. Only worthy of a wall socket in my book.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4101
L7s make great punching bags.
My RE 15" MT should be here tomorrow.

Username: Vuyodaddy

Post Number: 10
Sorry Jim, but I completely missed the part where you explained the relevancy of Micah being the only black kid at your school.

Sounds like a dumba$$ though...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us