GAS !

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 153
Not car audio but a little something amusing my bro emailed me ......

http://toccionline.kizash.com/films/1001/178/index.php

fu_opec
Unregistered guest
OPEC sux...

thats all i have to say

fu_ journalism
Unregistered guest
the prices are dumb, but then again, gas is still relatively cheap, i mean, sh!it! people are willing to pay one buck for 16 oz of bottled water, thats 8 bucks a gallon, and theyre complaining over a gallon of gasoline that costs 2.80?? hypocritical if you ask me, or at least ignorant. the people at startbucks pay 5 bucks for a couple of ounces all the while complainning bout the gas while theyre drinking their mocha. 5 bucks for two ounces of a shot at a bar. that equals to about $300 some odd dollars a gallon. please.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3901
yes but you dont need 20+ gallons of coffee or water a week!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4485
"yes but you dont need 20+ gallons of coffee or water a week!"

Nope, you need that much water in about 4 days to survive. Gas is still cheap compared to the prices of the 80s. I really wish I had a small diesel, diesel is still around $2.40 here. My guess is that they'll wait a while until all these light cars and trucks are made once 2007 diesel regs come into play, and once a lot of people have diesels they'll stick it to us in price.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 157
Hope the forum administrator does not get mad with me -lol

Here's another funny 1 , why oil is expensive !

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 176
can i ask how that is funny ?

Anonymous

Well Duuuuuuh

Can't u see the middle-east looking guys with an expensive 'chrome' ride , meaning oil/gas must be sold high because they (who control oil production & set the prices) 'need' to have exotic rides like that .

I know its not a straight forward knock knock joke , but gee u gotta explain it all to some folks - lol

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 177
I got that part buddy, no need to explain. But people like myself find it offensive when we the "middle-east looking guys" are put into your stupid category. I don't find it funny is what I meant. Apparently people from the middle-east cause gas prices to go up due to their cars ?....right and there is nothing else that could be influencing it...
Jokes like that don't belong here and its obvious you had to hide yourself as Anonymous
just to laugh at it

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3454
Diesel's our only hope for now, unless you buy a foreign car. American car manufacturers screwed around wayyyyy to long, and now they're way behind foreign companies when it comes to hybrid cars, and vehicles that get better gas mileage. I personally hate most all freign motor companies, but they are kicking america's azz when it comes to new technology. GM, Ford, and Chrysler milked the SUV's for all they're worth, and now they don't have anything to show for it.

Diesel is actually a lot worse than gas, even though the price is still less than a gallon of gas. It costs a LOT less to refine and process a barrel of diesel, than it does a barrel of gas. The high gas prices are just an excuse for diesel providers to screw anybody they can. All they care about is money, the number one motivator.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1327
...so the guys got a stupid paint job and some run of the mill chrome rims...for god sakes they dont even spin.

Anyone with any kind of money would've tinted the windows as well...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4491
"American car manufacturers screwed around wayyyyy to long, and now they're way behind foreign companies when it comes to hybrid cars, and vehicles that get better gas mileage. I personally hate most all freign motor companies, but they are kicking america's azz when it comes to new technology."

In the 70s, Ford designed a cylinder head that supported a 26:1 air to fuel ratio, running perfectly on pump gas and making the same power a typical engine would. They planned to implement it by 1985. If you're wondering, that's half the fuel than a car normally uses. Also, the Chrysler turbine engine. As far as engine technology, we never fell behind Japanese manufacturers, for the most part we stayed ahead. They just relied on yesterday's technology to retain reliability, many using far outdated PLCs and electrical systems to get the job done. I could have designed a hybrid car in my first year of electronics classes, not much challenge there. Other BS like V-tec and VVT was implemented in the 1920s and 30s. Funny that Honda is using hybrids for performance more so than mileage, even funnier that hybrid electric motors have more torque than any gas engine they produce, but apparently it takes a Toyota hybrid engine to do that.

"The new gasoline-electric Accord Hybrid, which scored highest among all 32 family sedans tested, is very quick and delivered 25 mpg (miles per U.S. gallon, or in metric 9.4 Litres/100 km)."

Directly from Consumer Reports. An astonishing 25mpg!!! That's really worth the tax cut.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 223
Rovin,
It isn't middle eastern figures causing our gasoline prices to skyrocket, it's thee elected governing body that runs this country.
This is what happens when you elect an oil tycoon to head your administration.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 676
You should watch Farenheit 9/11. I almost fell asleep about 3/4 of the way into it but it gives you an idea of what our President is all about.:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 677
i'm gonna be singing that song all day at work b/c its stuck in my head now! lol

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 435
I love the 35 mpg my car gets.

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 92
The car in those pics is made out of pure silver. It is owned by some sheik that owns some oil rigs in the middle east.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
This will really make you sick.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/gasprices.html

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 162
Hey guys - don't take it so literally & get offended .
Its just a silly gag some1 emailed me , sorta like the stuff Jay Leno does on his show & everybody laughs it off & forgets about it.

If that shiny car gig offended anybody , then i do apologise - i myself am a "middle-east looking guy" so i was not trying to diss anybody & blame any group for high gas prices .

In my country gas is rather affordable cause we drive about 98% Japanese cars (we do have @ least a few of all other car models from all over the world) , but mostly 4 cylinders so gas doesn't really bug us . We also have alot of diesel engined cars too .

If that paint really is real & that shiny , wouldn't the US DMV not allowed something like that which would cause so much glare & cause other ppl to run off the road ? Any car's windscreen do give off glare so imagine what a mirror finished ride like that would do - lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 163
Glad to see some1 else has a sense of humour - lol

The cars doesn't match the tastes he has for the house though ....

Gold Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1330
who would want a pure silver car...a real baller would've done gold...or platinum...lame middle class wanna be balla.

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 133
Well Diesel is almost as much as gas here (about $3 a gallon for 87)

As much as you guys may like diesel I think that stuff stinks really bad. In LA when your struck in traffic, theres nothing like having a nice black puff of smoke from the diesel in front of you shot in your face every 20 seconds as we do the stop and go thing.

Hybrid cars are too expensive to really offest the cost of gas, instead of paying mroe for fuel, you are paying an extra high car payment.

Plus the Batteries wear out, and when tey do you might as well buy a new vehicle.

I get about 11-12 miles to the gallon in stop and go trafic, which is like every day here. or up to 16-17 on a nice open road. Some of us need trucks though, and cars just won't cut it for hauling heavy loads...

robert rd rd rd rd
Unregistered guest
im not sure the reason car companies dont put in performance parts in cars you can make a little 4 cylinder engine faster than a v8 with alot of upgrades instead of putting little crappy air intakes put in a nice open one and rediseign it so it sucks in the cold air from outside rather than hot air next to the eninge put in turbos cause that adds alot of horsepower without killing your gas although i think turbos just push more air in so your car can put more fuel in the engine also exausts help alot in fuel especially catalytic converters
and a reason why gas prices are so high is that the US uses almost the same amount of gas in a day that it takes to pump out of the wells in a day so probily there tying to make people conserve gas but u shouldnt make gas so high cause alot of people are on tight budgets and not many people can afford 40 - 50 - 60$ to fill up there tanks in addition to auto insruance which is just a fukin rip off and its even worse how its required by the law

Gold Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1331
you obviosuly know nothing about society.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
naw im just tryin to think of a positive reason why gas prices are so high ... i know it dontmake much sense but i try to look at the best of things sometime
but it is true how 4 cylinders can put out more power ... ecotech took the new colbalt put there 2 liter engine in it and got 1500 hp to the wheels almost broke 200 miles an hour in a quarter mile but that will run only stable a couple times
and instead of just saying im an idiot give reasons why im an idiot anyone can point a finger but not many people can give reasons why

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 148
there's no replacement for discplacment, period.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9590
JC, I think the joke was intended to point out how much the Suadis make selling oil, and that's really not much more than a humorous view of the truth. However, they neglected to make fun of teh US oil corporations who are just as bad considering one oil company raked in trillions of dollars (literally) in one quarter recently.
I don't think it was inteded to insult every person on earth of middle eastern descent, just as jokes about the IRA aren't meant to insult every person on earth of Irish descent.

Anyway that all aside, the great thing about diesel is that you can get bio-diesel home made for about 74 cents per gallon, using some lie, simple alkaline agents, and veggie oil from a local restraunt. In traffic, it doesn't smell that bad.. it smells like a burger joint serving fries.

you can get high performance 4cyl engines, robert, and sure they make a lot of horsepower at high RPM, but what they'll never do is make a lot of torque at low RPM, and that's what really moves a car. Yes a turbo, like nitrous or a blower is forced induction, ramming more air into the sylinders and thus drawing in more fuel for a bigger bang. Higher compression also makes more power, but we eliminated that when we went to unleaded fuels that can't run much more than 94 octane. You're talking different horses for different courses here though. a small, light, nimble car doesn't need a lot of horsepower or torque to perform very well on a track. Look at the Lotus Elise as an example of that.
However, if you want straight line performance, and head-slammed-into-the-seat acceleration, you need displacement and a lot of torque, and for that there's nothing like a stroked big block V8.

It's a little like having a few small guys hitting a wall as fast as they can over and over from about 6" away, compared to one really big guy like Bill Goldburg hitting the wall just a couple times, but as hard as he can, from about 3' worth of swinging room. Bill's going to do a lot more damage, because he's got a longer stroke and more torque although overall, both "teams" may end up applying the same amount of "work" or "force" to teh wall they're hitting.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4493
"but it is true how 4 cylinders can put out more power"

This makes me laugh. A 4 cylinder CAN make more with huge upgrades, but NOT when comparing it to an equivalently built V-8 or 6 cylinder car. 2nd, if you beef up a 4 banger to have the same power as a good sized V8, you'll suck more gas, not less, because a V8s powerband occurs closer to cruising RPM (thus more efficient), an engine with more cylinders is nearly always more efficient than one with fewer. Weight, vehicle size, and aerodynamics have more effect upon gas mileage than the engine size does, you just don't see V8s in Civics and Corollas, because that would be too much fun for insurance companies to allow that. Look at the C-6 Vette, low 20s in the city, 28mpg highway. It's 400hp and 400lb/ft of torque. I'll sure as hell take that over some compact torture chamber. The reason is because the car is light and aerodynamic. In actuality, it is possible for a larger engine to give better real world mileage because you don't have to push the engine as hard to accelerate, maintain speed up hills, etc.

"also exausts help alot in fuel especially catalytic converters"

Actually cats just clean up the exhaust, they hinder gas mileage because they are the bigger restrictor in an exhaust system. You can sometimes see 1-2mpg from removing the cats depending on the car it's in.

Last thing, a turbo CAN get better mileage, but ONLY IF the driver doesn't put his/her foot to the floor, which most drivers have a difficult time doing. In the real world, turbocharged cars would suck tremendous amounts of fuel with the average driver taken into account. Turbo cars were popular in the 80s, but it wasn't cost effective, were more troublesome, and consumed more gas.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9598
cats actually rob engine power.. look at what they did to cars in the mid 70s when they were introduced. 455cid motors that put out 150BHP.. thanks to emissions restrictions.

as for a 4cyl putting out a lot of power again, another problem is tht since they do it at such a high RPM, and tehy redline at such a high RPM, they wear out a lot faster, too.

Silver Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 160
democrats and michael moore should be shot

especially michael moore

its fu(king sad MuddyWaters that you even try to blame this political gas pricing s.hit on Bush- if you didnt know the President does not run this country- large companies do- and they have for the past 100's of years- so 1 man stepping in and everything remaining as it has for the past 100's of years does not entitle a bunch of stupid minimum wage democrats to b.itch about the money they spend on gas and what their President is not doing to help them- go to college hippies, and lazy teachers

Maybe if your worthless democratic President Bill Clinton would have done something in his time in office rather than set up a plan to fu(k over Bush(and Monica) you wouldnt be paying 2.50$ per gallon

Go vote for Kerry and his ketchup factory- i doubt he gives 2 shits about what your paying for gas- because he probably isnt b.itching about the price as he can mooch off his wife and still ahve plenty left over

And JC no one gives 2 s.hits about you caring about some joke- its like black people being able to call each other Ni99ers but white people cant

Your hipocritical a.ss probably sits around at Shmini Azeret or Simhat Tora and joke about gas prices

of course you still probably dont know what im talking about because you think that being dark skinned makes you arab- go watch michael moore find the conspiracy behind dollar general with Muddy

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 178
Legacy, man you have some problems, grow up

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 179
Go ahead reply to that post, cause those are enough words to probably get you going for another worthless rant.

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 149
hmmmm...
lotus elise + 454 big block= damn good fun.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 679
dude, you need to chill out, this isn't American Govt. 101. lol
i am not trying to down Bush, i just thought it was interesting to know of all of Bush's dealings with the middle east.

this is a little off-topic and it is not meant to question you or state that you are lying, but how can you have a Lancer Evo.? your profile says you are 17, what kind of job do you have?

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 689
again, i am not trying to argue with you, or bust on ya, but i was curious as to how you got that car, those are nice cars. and their aren't many teenagers where i live that drive cars like that unless they were hand-downs, or their parents are filthy rich and buy them whatever they want. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
i got a sholarship to college so my parents bought it for me- u know kinda a trade off- college money for a car- it wasnt really that expensive- i mean i think i ahve 50 grand with the car and engine- which is a hell of a lot cheaper than college

also sorry about everything above- i am very into government these days- kind of a hobby- and some things irritate me

also i hate michael moore and please dont believ anything he says- like i said he probably thinks there is a conspiracy behind dollar general

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 690
yeah man, that's cool, i just have the slow stock lancer.lol
i don't like him either, but was forced to watch it, i fell asleep 3/4 of the way into it, and would have been sooner if the teacher had turned off the lights at the beginning of the movie. lol

anyway, sh** happens, and we all come to our diferences.
now back to car audio!!! lol :-)

Silver Member

slow stock?? u mean just the lancer?? lol- to let u know your slow lancer can become and evo easy with only about 5-6g's

rip out that s.hit 4 cylinder they put in those stocks and put in the evo 6 cylinder or 4 cylinder

ud be surprised at how cheap those engines actually are- i mean the evo isnt really that fast thats y i put the extra 20 grand into the engine

also a huge wing makes the car look insane- no matter how corny u may think it sounds- it owns in style

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 692
yeah, i like the wings they put on the Evo's, i even liked the one they put on the Evo in 2F2F.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4498
I laugh when people blame a President for what is happening now. Hoover was blamed for the depression, FDR was thought highly of for his actions while it was really the war that brought us out. Clinton rode on Reaganomics and the .com businesses starting up and booming, a monkey could have been in office and had a good economy at that time. I guess you can say he didn't do anything bad, but that's because he didn't do anything period, including taking action to stimulate the economy. We were entering a deficit before Bush was even inaugarated.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 694
someone at work told me today that we have plenty of oil reserves, and the reason gas is so high is b/c we are "reserving it" due to China wanting to invade Taiwan and the nukes they have made and what not.

don't kill the messenger, i am simply stating what i was told, not what i think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
ty jonathan its nice to see someone realizes that the balme cannot be put on Bush

that evo is 2f2f is too asian- and all promo

its sponsored by AEM intake- not a very good intake for an evo

and youll love this

sony electronics

the owner went really low on that one- i have no clue why he did it- said he got a ton of money- but still

my evo beat that car in the quarter by almost 2 seconds- i wasnt driving though- purely that car was made for the paint job and has a very good braking system with great wheel differential so ti could do that 180 turn in the movie

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 696
sony huh?
what is this world coming to? lol

what does your car run in the 1/4?

and do you have any pics? :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
its run about 11.5 maybe i down to 11 with some asian juice but im not really into the whole NOS thing -not by me once again- my manual opens the thing up way too much so i stay away from the really fast driving

no pics but ill ahve some in about a month- im putting a new body kit on it so the front is kinda gone right now- and i dont get my digital camera for 2 weeks cuz hp forgot it with my laptop

ill see if summit has any pics of it from their last show

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 697
Sweet

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
aight i got a pic of it
Upload

that was it about 4 months ago

at a local summit show

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
had to resize it or it would be bigger sorry- paint isnt the best resizing software

also if you cant notice it is the european model so i do drive from the other side- kinda easier actually and its perfectly legal- try finding that at your local mitsu dealer

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 699
nice car, props to you.:-)
how do you pay at drive-throughs?

i suppose you would do a lot of stretching. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
lol ya i have to tend to walk in or drive in reverse sometimes- its kinda funny driving in reverse through it

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
i really want to trade it in and get the newer evo VIII they are sick looking

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

my only question is howd youd end up with the euro one.. was there some type of incentive

Whats your mileagee like (when your not driving like a maniac)

Ive been looking into getting a performance car but am hesitant due to that fact

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Hey i got a question for u 2 what do ya think about a 2003 nissan sentra se-r spec v, cause im about to buyone anyways and it seems like it is pretty fast for a 4 cyl, 175bhp, 180ft lbs of torque. yeah and its a manual 6 speed. just wondering

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
yea thats an evo 6 right ? its nice you kept it plain lookin i dont like cars when they got all that sh!t on them after i get my sisters civic ima paint it white and put bronze rims or black and put dark dusted gun metal rims on it no wings or anything the only time i like spoilers is when it comes stock like the evos or the sti
also i knew cats restricted engine power and worsen your gas milage but i said change it cause its required by law to have one ... anyone knows what happen if they find your car with illegal stuff on it ? u get impounded or like a fine or soemthing ?

DoctorDiesel
Unregistered guest
Diesel fuel is cheaper per gallon and thats nice. Diesel engines also get better mpg and thats even nicer. On top of that, they last longer - providing that they are properly maintained.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
i had to order it from europe- my god parents are in the air force and they were shipped over to the air base in germany, Ramstein, well anyway to make things short my parents had them buy it for me and when they returned- the air force pays for all shipping, they brought it back across as a present

the whole europe style car was brought upon by 2F2F with his silver skyline being a europe style, my parents noticed how much i liked it and bought it for me that way

also the car was 10g's cheaper in germany than in the US

Shawn nissna performance cars are cheaply produced- hondas as well- their v-Tec is BS and does nothing special- i have never driven one or seen the specs but i guarentee you they are overrated

my mileage actually isnt bad- i get about 16-16 city miles on high octane-kinda sucks cuz gas is high but who cares ill p[ay it

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3457
"In the 70s, Ford designed a cylinder head that supported a 26:1 air to fuel ratio, running perfectly on pump gas and making the same power a typical engine would. They planned to implement it by 1985. If you're wondering, that's half the fuel than a car normally uses. Also, the Chrysler turbine engine. As far as engine technology, we never fell behind Japanese manufacturers, for the most part we stayed ahead. They just relied on yesterday's technology to retain reliability, many using far outdated PLCs and electrical systems to get the job done. I could have designed a hybrid car in my first year of electronics classes, not much challenge there. Other BS like V-tec and VVT was implemented in the 1920s and 30s. Funny that Honda is using hybrids for performance more so than mileage, even funnier that hybrid electric motors have more torque than any gas engine they produce, but apparently it takes a Toyota hybrid engine to do that."

John, you can chose to ignore it if you want, but the sad truth is that yes, American car companies have started to fall behind. Sure, Ford designed that amazing cylinder head, and chrysler the turbine engine, but the big question is where are they today? Have you looked at some of the gas mileage ratings on new cars nowadays? It seems like each year they keep getting worse. Maybe Ford and Chrysler have the technology, but they still chose not to start producing vehicles that use it.

Take a trip to Europe, where gas prices are higher than America's, and you'll find that something like 80% of all motor vehicles are diesel. And why don't we sell very many diesel vehicles in America? Diesel engines naturally get better gas mileage, and diesel fuel costs less to refine. I think one large problem American's have, is the misinformation about diesel engines. When people think of a diesel vehicle, they picture a truck spewing out black smoke and running horribly loud. The truth is, diesel engines today aren't nearly as loud, and don't all spew black smoke. In the next few years, a new diesel emissions law will take effect, and the air coming OUT of a diesel engine MUST be cleaner than the air going in. As for noise, there are people driving diesel car's now, such as volkswagen's, and unless you knew it was a diesel, you couldn't hear the difference. I have an uncle that drices a TDI Passat, and yes, it sounds just like a gasoline engine car.

My only point is, that new technologies such as hydrogen are still a very long ways away, and the only thing that's gonna help gas mileage in the short run, is to start producing more diesel vehicles.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4503
"John, you can chose to ignore it if you want, but the sad truth is that yes, American car companies have started to fall behind. Sure, Ford designed that amazing cylinder head, and chrysler the turbine engine, but the big question is where are they today? Have you looked at some of the gas mileage ratings on new cars nowadays? It seems like each year they keep getting worse."

Worse gas mileage isn't the manufacturers fault. It's because of whining insurance agencies and safety treehuggers that think a midsize car should weigh 4,000 lbs and still crunch like a tin can when it hits a rabbit. Weight is the big killer of gas mileage, not engine size or power. You act as if this doesn't apply to Japanese manufacturers as well, though. The fact that Hybrid vehicles are getting pathetic gas mileage compared to what is anticipated, you can expect mid 30s, no better than what some CRX offered you in the late 80s. Look at Honda's Ridgeline truck effort. A midsize truck, smaller in width and length. A unibody design combined with a chassis, variable AWD with a FWD bias, a horizontally opposed V-6 weezer, an overall lighter and weaker truck than an F-150, but it only tops it by 1 measly mpg. Go ahead and buy a girly truck if you want to, I'll stick with the more reliable, more comfortable, better looking, and more usable one. Toyota's Tacoma took a nosedive in gas mileage, as did Nissans, due to increasing weight and dimensions. Their sedans haven't improved in gas mileage, and cars like the Chevy Malibu are better on gas than a Toyota Camry, and only slightly worse than a Honda Accord (by, again, 1mpg). Ford has a hybrid, they just chose to put it in an SUV, and they didn't market it as they should have. They will implement more hybrids as time passes on, including a diesel in the F-150 and smaller SUVs. GM and Chrysler have similar plans, with variable displacement technology and other methods. There is also the fact that GM and Ford nearly wiped the floor on JD Power's most recent 3 year dependability studies, GM and Ford combined took 12 out of 19 categories, outdoing all the "Big 3" Japanese brands, with mainly Lexus and Acura being the only ones taking honors. Not too shabby for a bunch of falling behind American auto manufacturers.

Diesel is a very good thing, and it takes less oil to produce diesel for now, but just wait until 2007 when the ULEV II regs come out on it. It is calling for a 90% reduction in emissions than current standards, you can bet your money on a HIGH price jackup.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3458
I'm not saying foreign $hit is better in quality than American made. The only point I'm making is gas mileage. We all know any GM, Ford, Or Dodge truck is gonna wipe the floor with a stupid Honda or Yota'. Yes, I know how much stupid emissions regulations have killed gas mileage, not to mention engines now running worse due to carbon build-up. Of course weight has a lot to do with it as well. The fact is, If the big 3 wanted to, they could easily make gas mileage better. They chose to not invest the time and money, (which they don't even have). The problem is, that a lot of foreign vehicles do get better gas mileage, and because they are made so cheaply in other countries, they can also afford to offer huge warranties. After a certain point, some American's are gonna give up the quality of an American made car, if it meens they can get a Kia for under 10 grand, with a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty. I know money is a big issue too, and if companies like GM weren't having the problems they are now, maybe they would be focusing on more important things.

I know if it were up to me, and probably a lot of other people, there would be no such thing as the stupid UAW, but that's a whole different discussion.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4504
"I'm not saying foreign $hit is better in quality than American made. The only point I'm making is gas mileage"

I wasn't saying you were, just happy with recent accomplishments by them, or at least those coming to light. I wasn't trying to start a war, just a discussion between competent people as you and I. I know typing can't really reflect emotion :-). My post was just referring to the fact that we COULD produce an extremely fuel efficient vehicle, to the point of being far more effective than Hybrids, small compacts and the like, even with existing fuels and technology instead of hopes and dreams. I just don't see the manufacturers coming out with any breakthrough technologies unless their near future is completely on the line, though. Diesel could be a good move for it's reliability, although one could argue that maintenance is more costly and generally more involved as the new designs are quite complicated, or at least hard to do work on. A well maintained diesel truck will go as long as 3 or 4 passenger cars would before their death. I'd really like to see the mileage people would get out of a diesel in a 1/2 ton truck, or a midsize for that matter. But necessity is the mother of invention. Technology won't bail us out until it's necessary, old ideas are just too easy and cheap to implement.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4007
You know what the problem is with America? They have one of the smartest people in the world, but like always, money and greed taints their heads.
Look at the history, VCRs, TVs, cars etc. They were all designed and built better but got side tracked by money/politics/greed/woman/spies. I threw in woman to see if anyone noticed it.
The freaking japanese only stole the technology. I can't think of anything they invented by themselves. If I had choice, I'd ban all of their cars!
Jonathan, you seem to hate hybrid cars so I'll give my 2 cents worth. I too used to hate those girly cars but now that the gas is costing as much as gold, it looks pretty good. If you take the Toyota's primus and install extra set of batteries, you can almost get 100mpg or more. Now that is nothing to laugh at. When the oil reaches $100 per barrel mark, I think more people will convert. Who knows, by then, they might invent better batteries.
There has been some studies done on gas usage by the Americans. 5 years ago, 5% of America had SUVs, now 55% of them use it. That is a huge spike in SUV demand. As I have mentioned before, they eat gas like a phat guy on cheese burger after a week of dieting. Hummer gets you around 6mpg, and we all know how many "rich" b*tards own them.
Diesel is not the solution cause it is still expensive. Hybrid/Hydrogen should be the answer. Last time I checked, there were plenty of water.

Speaking of using very little gas, have you seen the bike from BMW in Europe that come with a glass roof/cage? They don't need to wear a helmet with it. It also gives 100mpg - 150mpg. Why can't they make those available here??? I'd love to get one. I could be spending $5 a week in gas!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3460
I agree with you point of view Isaac, electric and hydrogen would be the best way to go. The problem with hybrid hydrogen cars, is the effeciency. Yes, the hydrogen cell is reality, and it does work. But it takes far too much water as of now, to get you any amount of power. Yes, it's only water, and there is a lot of it, but you would need a rediculously lareg tank to hold enough water so that you could drive any distance. Hydrogen cell vehicles are still a ways in the future.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4010
All I'm asking is, if they don't want to invest in Hybrids/Hydrogen, then at least let us have the BMW's C1 bike. It gets better gas mileage than hybrids and you don't get helmet hair.

Username: Corey

Post Number: 1
We'll be better off with this car, or any other car with diesel, for now. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/?id=55

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Speaking of the BMW C1...
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbmw/c1.html

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4506
"The freaking japanese only stole the technology. I can't think of anything they invented by themselves. If I had choice, I'd ban all of their cars!"

And they're given credit for it. If people only realized how much they're hurting our own economy for buying them. As Japans economy dwindles down into a steaming cow turd, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan profits will skyrocket due to a weak yen.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
as for the ebaums world link...that house isnt a house its a palace used as a hotel
www.emiratespalace.com very, very nice place. i thought i recognized it in the picture. i was there for a week earlier this year. its the most insane place iv ever seen.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3465
That's the irony of it. People are so stupid, they can't see what other countries are doing to our economy. Just wait till they sign the CAFTA, things can only get worse...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4508
"There has been some studies done on gas usage by the Americans. 5 years ago, 5% of America had SUVs, now 55% of them use it. That is a huge spike in SUV demand. As I have mentioned before, they eat gas like a phat guy on cheese burger after a week of dieting."

SUV-Stupid Useless Vehicle. Too much truck to make a good car, too much car to make a good truck. Off road performance sucks, with the exception of Jeeps and Hummers. It pisses me off seeing all these posers riding around in some worn out Tahoe, stuffing the entire passenger compartment with unintelligently installed subwoofers and amplifiers, then putting enormous gaudy rims on the thing and calling it a day. May as well get a hatchback or wagon, it's not like the Dodge Magnum is a bad looking alternative to an SUV.

The problem with hydrogen is that we don't have a sustainable method of getting it. There is plenty of water, but we need the electricity to extract hydrogen from water, and fossil fuels are still the cheapest way to get it.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9653
I love my gas guzzling American car with it's big, tree-killing non0emissions V8 that gets about 5 gallons per mile highway.
It's got lots of procreation space in the back seats, weighs two tons, and still does a quarter mile in the tens, and feels comfy driving to the store for groceries to feed the wife and two point five kids..

oh wait, I'm still single, ok back to the first point about the car..

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 766
lol i love my gas guzzeler also but i get like 12 mpg lol ... my daddy pays for it though i feel bad everytime i fill it up.... last time it was 62.00 for regular. ... hey i asked for a 300C which was better on fuel but i got my dads old escalade... what do u want me to complain?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 747
Lol, that car is shweet.

Anonymous

ok, i dont know who said it, but someone mention being pissed off that gov requires insurance on cars. I have no mercy for people who get caught with massive fines for no insurance. Some of us invest alot of time and money into our cars. All the gov requires is liability so in case you screw up like cutting someone off or causing an accident which can easily bring 1000's in damage and not to mention personal injury. Why should our insurance or us pay for your mistakes? It ticks me off that i heard a statistic that 40 percent of the area where i live dont carry any insurance. Do your public duty and get at least liabilty insurance. If you cant seem to afford that, either find alternate means of transportation or cutback elsewhere or just simply get off the road.

Anonymous

is it just me or is there like way too many mommy and daddy paid for 30k rides on this board

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3535
The problem is, all insurance companies wanna do is make money. They could care less about the clients... Insurance companies give people way too hard a time to collect claims. Instead of doing what they promised to do, and sucking it up, they just raise rates to make up for what they lost from claims that year. I think it's also rediculous the way insurance companies treat new drivers, and anyone else under the age of 25. They automatically assume that just because they are new, that the will eventually get into an accident, so they feel they have the right to r@pe any 16 year old kid driving, just because they have a half-azzed excuse to. How can they judge clients by age? Shouldn't it be the same for everyone? You pay a certain rate, and if you get into an accident, ok, you pay the penalty and your rates go up, that's far enough. Not ramming anybody they can, just because they are under the age of 25. I agree with people that complain about HAVING to have insurance. I feel like going on a rage and slaughtering every insurance companie's ceo's and presidents when I have to pay $120 a bucks a month for absolutely NOTHING. PLD is the biggest crock of $hit besides NAFTA. Why in the world do I want to pay that much a month, just so I can say I have insurance. It does me absolutely no good. I get nothing if I'm in an accident, no matter who caused it. Even if I did have full coverage, which would most likely cost me more than 3 grand a year, it would still be usless with such high deductables. I've gotten progressive quotes, and for full coverage, with a 1,000 deductalbe, it was 2,500 a year, or over 200 bucks a month. That's almost an effing cheap car payment. And I don't have a break in site untill I turn 25. 25?, why the heck so late? I have to drive for 9 years, to be able to prove that I'm a safe driver? What about old people.... Studies have show that people over 70 and 80 cause more accidents than teens now a days. Think about the last guy driving 15 miles an hour through town, and then cuts you off to turn left, while taking 2 freaking hours to complete the turn. Let me guess, he looked like he could die anyday right? But insurance companies don't up the rates once people reach a certain age. That would be rediculous too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4127
3 types of business/service that bug the hell out of me are, banks, car insurance, and gas/oil companies. Oh I forgot, governments bug me too. So make that 4.
Did you all know that Canada produces 90% of its "own" oil/gas? I didn't know that. The question everyone here is asking is, why is it costing us over $3 a gallon when there is no shortage??? As soon as the news came out about extensive the damage was, our gas price jumped 20 cents overnight! When will this greed/madness stop? How much money do they need on top of billions of dollars they have already made this year? Those b*tards have so much money, they don't know what else to buy!
I guess banks/insurance/oil are equally greedy.

Us Canadians here are protesting on September 1st. Everyone will try and stop buying gas on that day. Can you guys pass this message along to all your buddies down south and do the same?
If the whole north America did that on Sept 1st, it would cause panic amongst the greedy oil companies, guaranteed. Not only would they lose "billions" of dollars in profit, they would have surplus of oil! Yes you heard it right, surplus! That would cause a mad scramble to sell oil.
They may have as under the gun, but if everyone unite, we can certainly make them sweat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
anonymous y dont u stop hiding

that 30k dollar ride was well earned

working my a.ss off in sports and school to get a full ride to a d1 college school- if you didnt know college cost more than 30g's

so quit talking about mommy and daddy buying me a 30k dollar car because i saved mommy and daddy about 150 g's

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3536
We're doing the same thing on September 1st here too. I guess, all I've seen on it so far is emails. Will it work? It depends on whether people actually don't buy gas or not. I guess all we can do is wait and see tomorrow. I really hope people stick to their words. How hard is it to not buy gas for one day? I know it may be difficult for truckers, or farmers, but they usually buy fuel in bulk and store it themselves.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3537
I hate national news too. They are the most liberal bull$hit talking blankety blanks..... The national news is so freaking one sided I could vomit every time I watched it. I know people that have been in Iraq, and their personal accounts are almost opposite what your seeing on the news. Maybe gas wouldn't be quite so high if all the stupid lefty's would shut the heck up about it for once.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
joe i agree with you 100%
old people cause alot of accidents even if they arnt in them every time i almost got in a accident was because some old person cant turn there tree trunk neck and look back to see if im there or just reversing straight out of there driveway no looking or anything one time i was in the car with my brother some old guy just pulls right out a didnt even realize how fast it happened just my subconcious made me swerve into the grass and almost hit a tree and he just looked at me and drove off
as well as most (not all) new drivers are accually better than most drivers cause they follow all the rules but they just lack experience in situations which are caused by mostly old people
some of you may argue with me just because you want to be right and make me look bad or maybe theres not many old people by you but by me one are is full of old people in there crown victorias
also america is becoming so monopolized even though its illegal .. just like microsoft
the government probily doesnt want to do anything about it cause they get alot outa microsoft
even those huge drug corporations rule the law
dont say they dont because my father is a doctor of homeopathy which is ways to heal other than drugs such as herbs accupuncture electrical fields and such
the fda has taped my fathers office even my house lines ... now how illegal would that be but we couldnt do anything about it as well as they went into my dads office and took products off his shelves and canceled treatments
not beacuse there unsafe or dangerous
which i can take almost *any* herb in my dads office and not die or get sick
but the fact is that it heals people and if patients get healed the drug companies have no products to sell so the the fda restricts alot of stuff my dad used to sell but now since his type of medicine is becoming more and more popular the fda cant come up with enough bull stuff to restrict alot of it
but if you dont believe me some examples are
acid reflex diesase ... its another name for heart burn ... heart burn is caused by to much acid in you stomach right ? ... wrong its caused by to little .. the pill that you take nuetralizes all acid in your stomach so ur body produces a rush of acid ... i froget the minor details but thats basically what it is ... and the cure for acid reflex diese is ... a simple glass of OJ or a slice of an orange
i cant really think now but if you want more info http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0975599518/104-8867550-4404769?v=g lance

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4535
"How much money do they need on top of billions of dollars they have already made this year? Those b*tards have so much money, they don't know what else to buy!"

Try trillions. I was looking at gross profits of oil companies, think it was either Shell or Exxon-Mobil, but anyway one company grossed over 7 trillion in the FIRST QUARTER of this year, when gas was cheaper. No telling what they're making now.

The problem with a one day oil strike is that everybody is going to fill up right before it or right after it. Spike in profit, drop in profit, end result is the same, we all will need it regardless. Overall demand will have to decrease to see any benefit. Americas problem with cars can be summed up with one Texas saying, the bigger the buckle, the smaller the ranch. People just overestimate what they need, often by a very large amount. A lot of people that could make do with a 4 cyl compact truck will go buy a big 2500 V-10 hauler, thinking they need it's utility when the only thing the bed will serve use for is a place to throw flower pots and trash bags in. They're just in "truck mode". And people like myself who actually use a truck like a truck are the ones that suffer because of it. When I don't need to use the truck, it stays in the driveway. I do have my hobby vehicles, and they have guzzled gas, but I always have an alternative. We'll get back to that mentality one of these days, this looks like it's going to be a repeat of what occured from the 60s to the 80s, just with fewer excuses for it.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4536
"acid reflex diesase ... its another name for heart burn ... heart burn is caused by to much acid in you stomach right ? ... wrong its caused by to little .. the pill that you take nuetralizes all acid in your stomach so ur body produces a rush of acid ... i froget the minor details but thats basically what it is ... and the cure for acid reflex diese is ... a simple glass of OJ or a slice of an orange"

Yup. One of the bigger ones out there. Just a tablespoon of Vinegar works very fast. I've got my own philosophy for staying healthy: Don't go to a doctor.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3538
I can't blaim doctors though. I'm not being biased just because my cousin is a doctor, it's simply the truth. Take ONE big guess as to why it is so dang expensive to go the doctors, even for a simple check up?

INSURANCE!

Ahh, what a coincidence. Doctors are forced to take out multi-million dollar policies because of the plague of malpractice suits. Guess what people, doctors can't be pefect, accidents happen, and yes, believe it or not, people are supposed to die eventually. In our day in age, it is wayyyyy to easy to sue, and there's wayyyyyy to many lawyers. It makes me vomit when I hear stupid sam bearnstein crap on tv. People getting 1.1 million dollar rewards from a motorcycle accident, or 800k from a friggen dog bite. America is actually suffering a doctor shortage, because nobody wants to be one anymore. Why spend 12 years in college plus another 4 in residency, just to come out with thousands in debt, and actaully not making very good wages for the first 10 years or so. All the rich doctors are 50+ year old plastic surgeons.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3539
"drug companies have no products to sell so the the fda restricts alot of stuff my dad used to sell but now since his type of medicine is becoming more and more popular the fda cant come up with enough bull stuff to restrict alot of it "

The FDA can cram it as well, along with the major drug companies. I wish I could find some actual numbers as to how much it costs a drug company to produce 1 bottle of a certain drug. Talk about a large mark-up percentage?

I love it when the fda tries to ban silly herbal crap, and let's so many drugs through. Ever listen to the possible side effects of some medicines? Jesus, I face the risk of heart-attack, stroke, fever, dizzyness, or upset stomach, just form taking a pill for a headache?
Why not just smoke some weed or something.... a little maryjane has never hurt anybody, and the way drug prices are now, it's actually probably cheaper. Now how sad is that?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 863
gas is $3.09 for regual here in NW Ohio. So much for going out to dinner this weekend.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3540
Aroung New Orleans it's 6 bucks. Luckily it hasn't hit here in Michigan yet, but it will. Does anybody know what percentage of the US's oil consumption is actually drilled and refined in the US? I know it's a very small number. Hurricane Katrina was a very very very good excuse for the oil companies to make a few billion more dollars. Why not, they really can't get much greedier.

I laugh when the talk about how close the world's oil production is compared to the consumpion. How that if even a couple refinery's or drills stopped producing, there would be a shortage and prices would skyrocket. I wonder how long it's been since anybody has even built a new refinery or oil drill? How long have we been producing the same amount of oil. I love it when the liberals cry about how the world's oil supply will be used up in less than 100 years. That's pretty odd, the world's been using billion's of barrels of oil each day for hundreds of years. Why is it drying up now? The earth is so unbelievably large compared to how many people actually inhabit it, I doubt we could ever run out of oil. It would be a drop in a hat for the major oil companies to expand their operations and start producing 10% more oil.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4538
I'm not all that worried about any of it. I've got no problem building a shack in the middle of the woods and hunting and fishing for dinner :-). Hunt, fish, farm, spending time with a wife that helps you instead of maxing out your credit cards, doesn't really sound like a bum deal to me. Sure, I'd miss things like audio systems and pickup trucks, but a truck is just a modern day horse. The world is overflowing with useless scum as it is anyway. I may sound like a jerk, but I feel that if a person is too pathetic to be self-sufficient, there isn't a lot of reason for his/her existence.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 773
i'm not sure, but i know the operations in the Gulf supply 1/4 of the domestically produced oil.

and we import 11 million barrels of oil a day.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
doctors get screwed very badly my dad is considered a cheaper doctor dont get me wrong hes honestly the best doctor i know not just saying because hes my dad but every patient and all these random people ask me if im his son and tell me how much they love him because he cares more about the paitent than the money but anyways its hard as f u ck on him cause he works crazy hours medicare is always screwing him paying him 6.79 or something for a 2 hour treatment insurance is up the butt for him morgage employee payments and over it all these old people are so cheap they never want to pay for being really the one of the 1st doctors in miami broward to do what he does which is about 35 around there years ago
also doctors now are thought by colleges ... colleges have to follow rules by the fda
what do the fda teach them
ways for the fda and pharm companies to make even more money
its horrible to be a doctor now adays

as in all companies theres the good and the bad the people who go in cause they care and the people who go in casue they want money its not doctors faults so when u see then riding in benz or such which few can afford past the 50k$ benz unless there sergeons think they can loose that any day for the stupidest reason

im srry this post isnt well though out just random thoughts im pretty tired so im just givin in my 2 cents

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3541
At least the US has one thing to look on the bright side about! All this crap about the War and gas prices has made the government forget about weapons and the NRA. Start cracking down harder on firearms, and start taking away people's guns, and you will see America's 2nd revolution.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
im srry but america has to be more communist ... well not really just regulate salaries more
how do some thugs that hardly speak english go from owning a bicycle to owning 3 top brand cars 2 mansions private jets and all this stuff
how does a movie star make millions on 1 film when an actor of a play with more talent because they cannot mess up once gets paid hardly enough to pay for his small apartment and a old car
how does a teacher which has responibility to train 300 kids a year to be the future of america get paid hardly enough to sustain his or her life
all the wrong jobs get paid the wrong salaries
how do these f ucke rs who master ways of making 1 sentance mean 500 other things and get paid a stuff load to do it while a doctor has the responsibility of a human lives on there hands doesnt get paid nothin anymore and can be bankrupt 100 times over for a small little mistake

a saying from chris rock -
theres the few rich people the few poor people and everyone else is in the middle
in school you have the 5 A students in your class
the 5 F sutdents and the rest in the middle which are C students
so how does a C student become the president of the united states of america .... ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
"cats actually rob engine power.. look at what they did to cars in the mid 70s when they were introduced. 455cid motors that put out 150BHP.. thanks to emissions restrictions. "

They also dropped the compression from 10:1 to 8:1. Now we're back up in the 10:1 range :D. On my Camaro, I had the heads milled .005 and am running close to 12:1 compression. And yea, I'll race ANY rice burner :D. I don't care wtf he's running, if it's street legal, I'm up!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3542
So true. I can't wait to see where the US is when I'm in my middle ages. Life should be so fun....

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4539
"a saying from chris rock -
theres the few rich people the few poor people and everyone else is in the middle
in school you have the 5 A students in your class
the 5 F sutdents and the rest in the middle which are C students
so how does a C student become the president of the united states of america .... ?"

Bush is more intelligent than people give him credit for. The dumber he makes himself look (intentionally, perhaps), the more obsolete political satirists become. Or it could just be that society is so stupid that anybody could manipulate them, the governments stories for tragedies are so incredibly flimsy and vulnerable that it proves societys incompetence. The state of America isn't to blame on oil tycoons, our leaders, terrorists, and other crutches, it's the fact that our society has developed into a group of incompetent dipshits that just accept everything that is told to them and don't have the mental capacity to challenge it or do anything about it. Consider Democracy dead.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
lol Jake apparently you have seen very few rice burner's because in the quarter mile with a street legal car very few american made cars will out run one- especially if they are running nos- your camaro would not stand a chance against my evo... sorry

Silver Member

o lol i forgot with school starting back up heres a hint that will save you all about 10-20$ a week and its so easy....

Well i do it almsot every year. my parents make about 200 grand a year combined so we are pretty well off.... no where near the qualifying for free or reduced school lunches

lol if you see where this is going.. scam your school.. its so easy.. thye rarely lok over these things... just say u make about 50 grand a year in a one parent household with 2 jobs... lol works everytime

on mine i just put myself as the main income of the household and said both my parents were deceased

kinad cruel but the school gives me 10$ a week along with my parents 20$-- a nice 30$ profit that helps me pay the 3.50$ for super gas

scamming people is so easy why dont YOU try it
today people will fall for anything so you might as well try-- if it doesnt work say it was a joke to give the school a laugh

Gold Member

Post Number: 4135
Gas here in Canada jumped 30 cents overnight! No new excuses by the oil companies here. They're trying to keep it quiet.
Remember, we make 90% of our own oil, and IMPORT 10% from the states. So they have absolutely no reason for raising prices that much.
One of those greedy b*tards gave an excuse saying, it'll cost that much in the future to meet world demands. How lame is that. We don't export any oil to the world!
To capitalize on someone else's disaster should be criminal offence.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4142
Update: The jerk oil companies finally gave a reason today. They said the prices in Canada had to be raised so that Americans wouldn't cross the border and purchase gas here! That would cause shortage in Canada.
What kind of leaches are they?

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
wtf ....................... that is a pretty lame excuss just have a law that lets only canadian resident buy from a gas station. i thought of that in less than 2 mins so why can a adverage 18 year old student think of a solution when a board of 50 people that are about to die in 5 years cant think of a better solution thats if they werent scamming ;) ...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3544
I love it when they raise prices, and report that "Gas prices are going up in anticipation for oil shortages." Even when there isn't a shortage, they think there could be, so they crank up the prices.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 178
Gas went up 55 cents in the last 2 days here in eastern iowa. Godamn Katrina booshizit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
"its run about 11.5 maybe i down to 11 with some asian juice but im not really into the whole NOS thing -not by me once again- my manual opens the thing up way too much so i stay away from the really fast driving"

HAHAHAHAHA! 11 seconds?! A stock 1st. generation Camaro with the 350 can do 12 seconds, STOCK! HAHAHAHAHA! I can beat that without my turbo OR NOS!!!!!!! You guys make me laugh.

Also: I grew up around drag racing. The fastest I've ever done in my Camaro was in Portland Oregon, and I did 8.8 1/4 mile (BIG cam, and I only did three runs before an engine overhaul).

Yet again: I'll race ANY rice burner :D.

Silver Member

Post Number: 766
BUT: I can't afford to drive it with gas the way it is, so it sits at my friends house collecting dust for the time-being :D.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 864
If the pipline down south doesn't get fixed gas will most likely rise to around $5.00 or even over that here in the north. I'm praying that they get the pumps up and running by midnight tonight cause if they don't I'm actually kind of scarred as to what may happen. This country depends so much on oil that if there were a shortage and/or gas was really to jump above $4.00 or god forbid $5.00 or even more everything would rise in price. Food, services, taxes. Just not a very good situation.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 866
$6.07 for premium in atlanta. Suposedly it was to have people not buy gas for awhile though.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 445
No problem with gas prices in ohio cuz we dont have any

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
fuuuuuuuuu uckkkkkkkkkkk bush! say it with me fuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk bush!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4542
"A stock 1st. generation Camaro with the 350 can do 12 seconds, STOCK! HAHAHAHAHA!"

The 60s Camaros? You're 2-3 seconds off. The fastest stock Camaros (the newest with the LS1) would crack 13s with help and that's about it.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 255
HEY GUYS , NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE , BUT COULD U ALL LET THIS THREAD DIE OFF & HELP THE NEWBIES POSTING ON THE AMP & SUB SECTIONS - SO MANY PPL JUST BEGGING FOR HELP & THEIR PROBLEMS ARE GOING UNANSWERED ...

Please don't get ticked off at me for posting this - lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 779
we should have an OT message board for these kinds of threads.

Silver Member

Post Number: 769
I can't remember what year it was, but the 350 Camaro (I believe the SS) with factory slicks could to a wheelie, stock. And the newest blocks are crap, IMHO. I just bought a Monte Carlo with a 400CI that'll do 11 seconds, and can burn rubber up to about 55mph... (I love cars)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4548
Probably a factory rare race option, like the Fairlane Thunderbolts and such. Thought you were talking stock in the sense of a Z28 or similar.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 342
Jonathan I have tremendous amount of respect for you and Glass and other smart a$$es around here :-)

But, I have to tell you, I'm one of those guys with an SUV or stupid useless vehicles as you call 'em.
In case you did'nt know, most SUV's today are not meant to go offroading in. The most offroad an SUV should see is a flat, dirt road, that is it. And that includes the Hummer. They're called SUV's but, are in no way, built for offroading. You can occasinally drive over dirt roads, but once you start druving over bumps,rocks,dips, etc.,etc., you're either gonna brake something or your SUV is gonna start sounding like a can full of rocks wich means something's about to give.
And whats wrong woth stuffing subs in SUV ?
I have an 18" taking up my whole cargo area in my SUV and huge wheels are next, and I have no problem with gas prices... and I'm married living on my own.
I'm sorry JON, but I had to get that off my chest. I do agrre with you however, on your thoughts as how Americans are ahead in technology they just use not to present it yet because there's still alot of money to be made.
As for evryone else, when you go to buy a vehicle, new or used, you have to think about the fact that gas prices can and will always increase and wether or not you can afford it.

And LEGACY AUDIO- Apparently you've never raced any real muscle before. I've only got $26,000, compared to your 50,000, invested in my '65 'stang and I guarantee you, even if I give you a 50 ft lead, I will smoke you, wether it be the 1/4 mile or a windy back road.

Silver Member

Post Number: 770
:D My '69 restoration is at a stand still, but I'm pretty excited about this Monte Carlo... I think I'm gonna leave it blue so I don't have to really tear into it... And yea, most of these people have never sat in a REAL car. The kind of cars most people won't race. I know a lot of the guys around here with the FAST cars don't drive them very much, and don't "abuse" them. They take a lot of money and a TON of time/work.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9745
I have an AWD SUV, and I'll tell ya what it excels at doing.. getting through unplowed MI winter roads, with 2 feet of snow that'd stop just about anything short of a truck or SUV from getting out. It's not a luxury in my case, it's needed for health care issues getting to and from a hospital regardless of inclimate weather. The people who really have no need for a HUMMER though are the ones who live in places like Ft Lauderdale or Los Angeles. The worst obstacle they encounter is a pothole or a homeless person asleep in the road.

In regards to acid reflux disease, it's very different from "heartburn" and while it's not something people should try to diagnose themselves, it is a severe disorder for some people requiring suppressive medications to correct the disorder. In my case it's caused by issues resulting from diabetes and kidney failure that a glass of OJ won't fix.. in fact that makes it worse, not better due to the acidic content of orange juice, not to mention the glucose involved.

home remedies are nice and all, but please, don't assume you know more than the medical community when it comes to diagnosis and curative treatments.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 869
Glass I'm 16 and have more kidney stones than I know what to do with other than piss them out. Man do those suck

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Glass Take it back!!!! I drive a 4x4 Offroad Titan, and live in LA :P

But when I head out to the glamis sand dunes AWD, and small clearance is not going to cut it. Frankly I'm tired of having people ask to pull out their 2wd trucks or SUV. Hell that sand is so soft I even got stuck with 4x4 and a rear locker right off the side of the road (Pullign a small trailer). Well not really stuck since I got out without having to deflate my tires...2WD or 4WD there is not much difference in Gas Mileage but either way I need a big truck for loading all my camping stuff in it and pull my ATV. Especialy when I have to drive for 5 horus to get there, which will now cost me a couple hundread $$ every time I go camping.

Hell my new truck gets better mileage than my old V6, ESPECIALY when towing.

H2 are worthless Vehicles IMO, they suck at Offroad and Suck at Mileage. I do hear they make a great portable office. Now the Real hummers are another story!

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
Oh and the comment on water, not really true. Sure I'll pay $5 for a bottle of water at a Rock Concert do avoid passng out from dehydration, or maybe a couple bucks when I'm real thirsty and in a hurry, but when consuming mass quantities of water it is MUCH cheaper when you buy it in quantity, hell 25 cents fills up a 1 gallon jug down the street.

Gas is a necessity where as commodities are usualy more expensive! Fuel costs also largley controll the costs for all otehr products since they don't magicaly get up and place themselves on the store shelf to be sold. So expect prices for everything else to increase along with the cost of Petro. Should be at $4 a gallon in no time, in which case I will be unable to travel anywhere for a reasonable cost.

I'm not looking forward to installing a sterio on a new electric scoother to drive to and from the metro station!

Diesel's are not that great of an alternative IMO. In Traffic they DO stink (not all but many) They also require larger quantities of oil for oil changes. Now if you want to run your Diesel on Kung Pow Chicken Oil, then thats another story. if I had one thats what my plans for it would be!

Silver Member

Post Number: 771
There's supposed to be a trucker strick on Labor Day... Just thought I'd pass that on to everyone...

I have a Jeep Cherokee... but you should see our winters here... we get a LOT of snow, and I love to hunt and fish. I also help Search and Rescue and EMS with their back country stuffs. I'll probably put a locker on the front. Oh, and it has the little 2.5L (soon to be rebuilt) so I can pull 25+ MPG driving nice, and once I get the carb all tuned up, guy before me screwed up the power valve, and you have to pull it off and all apart to adjust it... You're not supposed to play with that particular screw...

(I'd love a Humvee...)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4550
Dr Gas, I have no big opposition to the SUV, but the owners of such vehicles are the ones that usually do the complaining about gas prices, that's the part that aggravates me. If you have no problem with gas prices, that's fine, I have a truck that gets around 10mpg average, it sucks gas, but I don't complain about gas prices because I know I could be more responsible and drive some econobox torture chamber :-). I should have iterated that above, it isn't really the fact that they own them, as I'm not arguing that they have no purpose whatsoever, but like you and I agreed on, very few have any capability past pavement, and don't really make a great alternative to a car if all you're going to do is drive back and forth to work in. It's the mommies out there that buy an SUV for only one reason, because it seems safe because it's sitting high and weighs nearly 3 tons, when really an SUV isn't much safer than a large sedan is. When I started driving, trucks were still used for hauling lumber, pulling trailers, and using the bed for heavy loads. Not a lot else. SUVs didn't exist, station wagons did, however. Now, the market has evolved into a personal vehicle instead of a utility vehicle, that doesn't bother me, but all the fussing and complaining about gas prices and what causes it is usually the owner trying to justify the side effects having such a vehicle. I'm not a tree hugger either, but it's a situation of realizing cause and effect.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 343
I agree with you Jonathan. Thats why I said that people, especially teens, should realize that gasoline prices can skyrocket for whatever reason and that should be thought out carefully when buying a vehicle.
Out here in L.A. theres tons of teens, or young adults, around my age, living with there parents who go out and think they can afford to buy/lease a nice looking SUV wich they can only drive on payday because after a couple days driving they're left with empty pockets..... and back to the bus they go when they would be better off with a small,compact car.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9758
just need a winch and a land anchor for that truck, Justin. that'll pull ya out of any soft spots in the dunes.

I live right by silver lake sand dunes here in MI, and they have all kinds of national events for off-roading there.. fun stuff to watch.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3548
Nowwww I know where you live, aha.

I was just up to Silver Lake about a month ago.
Dune buggies are a blast on the sand dunes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4165
If you want to see GlassWolf's house, look it up on google map. They actually show the street and house.
It's even faster and better than Yahoo map.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3550
Really? How the heck do you find his house on the google map?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 604
Gas is $3.99 a gallon for high test here in NY...insane!!!!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3551
Actually it's going back down in Michigan. $2.99 the past couple days now. I've heard once the rest of the pipelines get repaired gas should be back to almost where it was. 2 or 3 of the 8 damage refinerey's are already back in order, and a couple more should be operating again within the next couple days.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4172
Just get GlassWolf to give you his address, and under google's map (click "more"), it'll show you his house from the top view.
Gas may go back to "normal" price, whatever that is, but the oil companies, especially in Canada, made billions of dollars in a very short week. Let's just say they got eary Christmas bonuses.
Too bad they don't have anything to buy with it. That's the only poetic justice for them. They really have nothing else to buy. They have/own almost everything. I guess if money could buy them youth, they'd probably try that too.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3555
I don't want Glass's address. It's not like I'm stalking him, lol. Silver Lake area is good enough for me, I just always wondered where in Northern Michigan he lived.

He's a very mysterious man....

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 924
OMG, gas prices fell around here.
Was $2.89 friday...now $2.59

Lets all take a trip up to see Glass, we can all see that mysterious Charger he's been working on. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3474
2.99 here in pa

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 877
$2.98 here in NW Ohio

Anonymous

haha fu**n sand nigs i hate em

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 966
that's not cool. you will go to Hell for that.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3590
Can we try to keep the racial comments down?

I hate TERRORISTS, NOT Arabs...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4234
I hate all scumbags and dirtbags, reguardless of their race.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us