Amp clicking, then stopping signal

Username: Nimr0d

Post Number: 1
I have a blaupunkt amp(the only brand that would fit in the tight space i wanted, without overheating) and its worked fine for about 2 years. But just the other day it stopped working. It never turns itself off, it just clicks(but the LED stays on) then the sub(10' RF HE2) makes a buzzing sound for about a second. This only happens when i turn the volume past 20(pioneer head unit, top volume is 62, i usually listen around 50-55), once the amp stops sending the signal, if i turn it back below 20 it will start again. If i keep it above 20 about every 5-7 seconds it will try to start playing again, but only for a split second, then the amp will click again. I double checked all the connections and tried a different ground(the manual said that might be the problem). Sorry for the long post, but i know how hard it is helping someone who doesnt give important information.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1660
sounds like the amp is clipping above teh volume you noted where it cuts out.

Post Number: 2
is there a fix? or is it time for a new amp?

Post Number: 3
i did a little research on clipping and i'm kinda confused as to why my amp would start clipping after 2 years of having the settings exactly the same. i do have a remote gain control, but no matter where i set it it still cuts out at 20.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us