Install an awg fuse??!!! HELP!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 59
SORRY guys i just need littl ehelp pretty fast.. i have this fuse that i recieved with my kit how and where do i install it...http://www.monstercable.com/caraudio2/productPageCar.asp?pin=509&LastPage=Compet ition%20Power

it may sound little dumb but ineed to install this with alpine mrd-m300 amp

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 119
mount it close to the battery as possible, the fuse wil protect your main power line from burning up in case of a short or sudden surge in voltage.

strip the ends of your main power cable, unscrew the ends of the fuse holder, insert the fuse, along with the two ends of yer power cable, you'll probably need an allen wrench to tighten yer cable in.

of course, before installing any of this, disconnect yer battery's negative line so you don't shock yourself!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
thank you infinity the fuse is already in it (that lil cylinder with silver top n bottom ) but the ends of that fuse has this plstic screws and there is NO WAY how i find that it will hold the end of my power cable.. sooi do not know how the fuse will hold the cable..

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
unscrew the fuse holder. the slip the part you just unscrewed over the insulation of the wire and then take an alan wrench to the silver part that holds the wire and tighten it down and the it will hold it in place

killerzacing
Unregistered guest
replace silver with gold my bad

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9528
the plastic ends unscrew to expose the small metal clamping screws used to bite down on the stripped wire ends.
after you have the wire screwed into the fuse holder, just screw the plastic ends back onto the fuse holder to weather-proof the connections.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
thank you guys... and should that fuse be close to battery under the heard? cuz this is what i heard but i saw the same fuse in my friends car in his trunk..:P but yeah should it be close to battery?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9545
within about 24" of the battery post, yes.. under the hood.
the fuse is there to protect the wire/car from a dead short in case something pierces the insulating jacket of teh wire and grounds the wire to the chassis.
you should have smaller fuses at each amplifier either in the amp itself or at the d-block to protect each amplifier itself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
yes there are 2 20(yellow ) fuses that go in the amo besides the speaker wire connection... about the awg fuse... its when i take the plastic covering off and insert the wire in there is NO such device that moves... i mean its one solid place in which the wire goes in and i doubt if it actually moves so that it holds the wire.. i didnt wanted to brreak the fuse so i stopped...

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9553
you're talking about the in-line fuse holder?
it's a plastic tube with the fuse inside?

both ends should unscrew and the plastic end covers should slide off.
inside of those are metal end pieces that hold the fuse.
with the plastic end covers removed, you should see where the wire slides into the fuse holder's metal end pieces, and on those end pieces is a small allen key (hex) or a screw slot. if you loosen that screw or key, you can insert the wire, then re-tighten the screw. that screw bites into the wire and holds it in place, also completing the electrical connection.
the last step is reinserting the fuse itself and screwing ita ll back together.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
yes .. thnx alot glass. ur the best LOL u provide a VERY GOOD reasoning for what u type... u rock!!1

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9584
comes from doing tech support for computer systems on the phone.. heh
it's crazy trying to talk people through computer issues on a phone. if you can't explain things to someone well enough to visualize, there's no hope with some users.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 458
damn, looks like I missed the memo on "AWG fuses"

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9607
I think he missed the "4"
now big deal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »