Kenwood?

Username: Manginayim

Post Number: 1
Hey wassup everyone. I just got new kicker KS65.2 components in my car last week and i'm looking for a new amp to buy. I was looking at kenwood's KAC-8452. The thing is, I don't know if kenwood makes good amps. I know they make decent head units, but not too sure about their amps and the sound quality on them. If you guys could help me pick out a decent 4 channel amp that would be great. Looking for about 75/200 watts per channel. thanks. oh yeah, my budget's 300 bucks, i found that kenwood amp for 200 so yeah.

Bronze Member
Username: Eplilmatt16

Eden prairie, Minnesota United states

Post Number: 18
yea kenwoods r good my neigboor has one and has very good sound he is pushin 2 12inch p3 rockford fosgtae subs great quality if i go with a mono amp im goign geta kenwood

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9486
kenwood amplifiers are crap. their failure rate is horrendous.
every kenwood thread I see is one of the topics:
1- is this any good or
2- my kenwood (whatever) just died!

they have nice features, good aesthetics, and they seem to run about as well as a toy from a cracker jack box.

Silver Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 147
glass are you sure becasue i owned a kenwood amp pushing my 6x9's for almost 2 years and nothing ever went wrong with it-- sure it was overrated but it never broke at all- im not sure how their mono amps are but from what i hear around they are not "crap" they may not be great or average but in my opinion for budget systems they do a better job than cheap hifonics amps

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9514
high failure rate doesn't mean ALL of them fail. you got lucky. lots of people get lucky with sony amps too but that doesn't make them any better overall.
kenwoods are known for going into protect mode with low (but within spec) loads, and burning up during normal use. I got so tired of seeing kenwood product sshowing up in our shop dead or for repair that I decided I'd never buy another kenwood product again. pretty much like sony.

Username: Manginayim

Post Number: 2
lol, i guess that pretty much says it. I guess i'll just look for an alpine 4 channel amp. even though i do have a kenwood head unit and it's been running fine for 2 years
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us