Phoenix digital or ma audio

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
which one should i get im looking for around 1000 watts but my opinion is ma audio will sound more like 1000 than pheonix which one

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 574
ma audio...whats your budget?

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 133
People here would say both are not good . A good brand like Orion , RF or Kicker would start around $400/500 ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 576
he obviously doesn't have that much dude...maybe ed nine.1??? $350 shipped

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 140
Did not a few ppl incl Glass say they not too fond of ED , since they are 'not all that'! .

It was discussed on another thread about 2wks ago & a few other time too - lol.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9487
eD's amps are made by someone else. that's all.
I don't like MA or phoenix digital.
ph digital is another company who tries to sound like a better brand (phoenix gold) to fool or confuse people into buying their crappy products.
MA audio used to be mobile authority, but changed their name to hide the stigma of their lousy products, too.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 143
Glass , What about Digital Audio - do they fall into that same wannabe bracket too ?

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
my budget isnt much its very cheap so which one should i go for max is like 120 on ebay
and also how can u get scratches off of plexi glass fer my sub box?

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
my budget isnt much its very cheap so which one should i go for max is like 120 on ebay
and also how can u get scratches off of plexi glass fer my sub box?

Bronze Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 92
You won't find a true 1000w RMS amp new for $120.

Check Hifonics amps on eBay and see what you can find.

Silver Member

Post Number: 583
yea dude...if you need 1000watts rms for $120...I'd sell the sub and get something a little more in your price range.

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
not rms im looking fer 1000watts max and atleast the amp to b pushing out like 600 or so in my opinion tht would be ma or pheonix d

Bronze Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 100
I still think you'd be better off going with Hifonics if you want a cheap amp. Just look for one of their amps that does 600w RMS.

I've never heard or read anything good about MA Audio or Phoenix Digital. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9551
ok first, forget peak or max ratings on speakers and amplifiers. they don't mean anything.

what is the make and model of your sub or subs?
how many of them do you have?
how many coils per sub?
how many ohms per coil?

those bandpass boxes with the plexi windows aren't made to handle high output subs, so I'm guessing you have some entry level subs, or you bought the wrong box for the job. the scratchs are permanent once you mar up plexi, but you could use a buffer and polish them out with some compound so they'd be less noticeable. Not rally worth the effort on a $40 box though to be honest with you.

anyway answer those questions about your speaker(s) and I can suggest an amplifier to drive what you have

bigfoot 44
Unregistered guest
I have some audiobahn 800watts max 12" these subs arent for me though i would never bu audiobahn, they are DVC i want to bridge them to get the most bass out of them but the subs are 4ohms
also can i use a 4 channel amp to control the highs and use the other channels for the subs

Unregistered guest
I have a W7 "13" I want to know what type of amp I should go with the JL 1000W mono is what I know will push it but I have a friend who says that all I'm doing is paying for the name he said I could get a PERFORMANCE TEKNIQUE MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER AMP 2000W and that would do the same thing is this true or should I just get the 1000w mono from JL

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4001
If you have JL 13W7, then stick with JL 1000/1. It's a much better quality amp.
Depending on your budget, there is always Zapco C2K 9. It is over 2200w rms.
If you buy a cheap amp, there's a higher risk of blowing your sub by distorting/clipping.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9582
ok you have a pair of dual 4 ohm coil subs.
800 watts each, max.. so I'd guess what, 500 watts RMS each?
you want an amp that puts out about 1Kw of power @ 1 ohm.
cheap solution, hifonics 1000d or 1500d
better solution is a kicker kx1200.1
Directed, I believe, has a similar 1 ohm stable amp as well that puts out around 1200 watts too.

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
but i dont think you can bridge audiobahns subs to 1 ohm wouldnt they burn

Username: Atticus1088

Post Number: 5
HEY Glass! are the phoenix gold Xenons worth the money I was thinking about the X600.1, sry for stealin the thread
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us