Sons first car,need amp/sub help!!

Unregistered guest
My son has a 1990 Acura Integra with a 4x52 Blaupunk head unit,front doors have 6" Kickers,rear panel has 2 6x9 cerwin vega's. I want to get an amp and subs installed for him. He wants to shake the planet and dad wants to spend $400.00 on as much quality as that affords me. I have no concerns about buying on the internet but I can't do the install. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1649
look at a pair of 10" kicker compVR subs.
you can fit a pair of 12" in that Integra, but if it's the hatchback, the box has to be creative. I put a pair of 12" in a bandpass once in an integra like that and I had to build the entire box like a parallelogram, at an angle, and teh bod took literally the whole trunk.
the subs also ended up knocking the rear window out a few times from the SPL loostening the rubber seal around the glass. It's notoriously weak in those cars.

for power, look at a JBL BP300.1 which would supply 300wRMS each for the subs if each sub is 4 Ohms. the BP300.1 is a bit cheaper and half the power of the 600.1
if you're willing to spend a little more, go with a Kicker KX series amplifier of the same ratings.

overunder06
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help, my son likes the Kicker option so we'll go that route. What can I do to prep the window for the rattle ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1662
not much you can do.
keep an eye on it. you may be fine. some people have problems, so don't. that system I set up back around 91 or 02 hit pretty hard. Yours may not hit at the same frequency since it won't be bandpass and won't be as big of a box.
put the box against the back of the rear seats in the trunk area, and aim the box toward the back of the car. you should get the best response that way firing off the back of the trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us