Installed my first system(cant adjust it right)

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
yesterday i installed my Mb quart pwe 352, and raa 1000 it sound great but i am scared now

my freind bought the exact same system and blew his in a couple hours. I think he had the gain set to high and couldnt tell the disortion he really is no up on car audio like that (me neither but i have an idea) anyway i think i can tell distortion

does it sound like the sub is hiting the basket and the rubber is being pulled very far?

and how do i adjust the eq and all that so it can hit more offten beacuse right now its only hitting when it get somewhat low its at 50hz it good for most of the songs i have except a few

and last breaking in a sub i blasted it for an hour, and a half yesterday is that real bad for breaking a sub in i know you should play it at low volume but how low is low

sorry i wrote an essay but i need to know

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
forgot to say this my headlights dont dim at all dont know how. obviously my system cant and wont pull over 80 amps becuse of the fuse i do have a different alternator not stok dont know the rating but it;s new so i dont think i need ho alt at all

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
sorry just foregot this gain is set closer to 8v instead of 1.5 is like half plus a little mor closer to 8v is that ok

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9457
if you have 4 volt pre-outs, that's about right where it should be for the gain.
set the LPF to 60 or 80Hz and see how it sounds.
50Hz may be a little low depending on your enclosure and sub.

distortion should be easy to tell if its audible. its usually anything that doesn't sound clean and normal.. such as popping, or scratchiness, or like that sound if you ever recorded an audio tape and set the recording level too high so it was all into the red and played it back, and it all sounded distorted and scratchy. Simply put, just listen for anything that doesn't sound "right."

Shelpie
Unregistered guest
>does it sound like the sub is hiting the basket and the rubber is being pulled very far?

Good question. Good essay ;-) I'mwondering the same here. On my MB Q door speakers, if I have deep bass and high volume I did hear this - it really did sound like the cone slapping the basket. I had the door panel off an watched it - it was amazing. Can Master Glasswolf tell us grasshoppers what is happening? - is the cone really hitting the basket and we hear the slap? Or is there signal distortion at high power levels and we are hearing high THD?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9468
could be a few things.. lead slap, cone/motor assembly bottoming out and hitting the pole, or distortion causing the motor assembly to lose linearity and the speaker to cant, scraping the coil along the magnet.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
you know what glass i check i was wrong about the lpf it was about 80hz i belive but some songs still dont hit until it get low all the times i have heard subs i have never heard it hit at higher bass tones\. as a matter fact i played a 90hz test tone i swear it sound like it was coming from the tweeter it sound nice but i would like it to work all the time not just low low tones

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9530
make sure your compoents aren't set to a low pass. those should be a HPF and set to around 80-125Hz.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
what componets, i just have 2 6x9s anyway adjust the thought the head unit or what beacuse i did it soundded distororted on the 6x9s so cut the bass off it has a subsonic filter and all that but like i said i tried to adjust it 80hz i couldnt do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us