Alpine type X

Bronze Member
Username: Craftsmen

Post Number: 12
I just bought a 12" Alpine thype X for my car and am now saving up for a JL 1000/1 amp, any input on how thi is going to sound? i dont know alot of people who have had this sub so i was wondering peoples opion on it...? its going into a falsefloor box in my trunk and iseem to have everythign sealed up good so im hopeing itll sound good, any input or opinion on this sub wold be great, thanks! -vinnie

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
im either gunna get this sub or a kicker L7 15" i read around the the typeX is made for sq and hits notes really clear and has some nice kick to it
the L7 is just spl i heard it dont sound that nice so i dunno yet

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
yea that sounds good but whatever u do, dont make my mistake of buying those kicker comp 15's i took them back n got the alpine sub, which im hoping to be beyond night and day difference

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
naw i dont want the comps cause i heard they sound bad also but how about the L7's ?

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
naw i dont want the comps cause i heard they sound bad also but how about the L7's ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
if u can afford L's the 13 inch ones then u should deff get them ive heard alot of good things about em

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 13
i just ordered 2 12" alpine Xs and im wondering the same thing u are...ive heard one 10" and it played very very clean but ive never heard the 12s.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 770
an associate of mine, Collyn Eastham, is a '04 DTS World Champion, and he runs x's in his ride. he also pushes the subs with four of the same amps i run. he has one sound stream 1600.2 to each of his type x's. that's 1800 watts at 2ohm mono (go figure). he says he smells the glue from time to time, but he has been pushing them this way for 6 months with no problem. they see 1200-1600 watts daily.
just based on his recommendation alone, i'd say you have some pretty nice subs there.

Upload

he's one of the cats who influenced me to grab the alpine 701 eq also. his looks a whole lot cleaner though (blast it).
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
holy crap! that looks sooooo amazing!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4476
Very clean install, love the flush mounting. What kind of car is that?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 772
i'm a fan of the install too. it's a 2000 chrysler 300M.
setups like his are what cause me to want to start mine from scratch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us