Adire Audio Brahma vs RE XXX

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 27
I've been doing research on different subs to replace my Diamond Audio. Basically I want really good SQ and SPL and do not find it necessary to push over 1500 watts for my standards. If I chose a sub, I would only be purchasing one, and it would have to be in a 1 cu.ft box or something similar in size to fit in my s2000's tiny trunk. I've asked around friends, other forums, and read reviews; other than going to W7 route, I'm looking into either the Brahma or XXX. I will admit, I am a car audio newbie and I can sit there and read all the specs on each sub, but quite honestly, the numbers/letters/symbols mean nothing to me. Can anyone make a quick comparison for me on the ups and downs of the two subs? They seem to be similar in price but like i said, I want the sub thats better in the sq AND spl department without paying the price of a 12W7. Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4466
X.X.X. will have more ultimate SPL, but is more power hungry (1000+) Brahma is more of a SQ subwoofer than the XXX, both have a good BL curve and similar frequency response, but the Brahma's BL curve gives it more control (Basing that on the older designs, new X.X.X. hasn't been put out yet). X.X.X. works better in a small sealed or ported box than a Brahma does.

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 132
you could also look at a Image Dynamics IDMAX. Might be worth looking into
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us