What do YOU want me to buy?

UnoDenero
Unregistered guest
I'm slowly piecing my car audio system together and I need to decide on which sub to get. I have a Kicker KX700.5 amp and for the sub it puts out 400 watts RMS @ 2 ohms but only 200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms.

Basically, I'm looking for a high-end 10" sub around the 400 watts RMS range (has to be 2 ohms).
I've been suggested JL Audio (10w3v2), and MBQuart (PWE 252/254).

I need help! The speakers and amp are just sitting in my room waiting to be installed with a sub.

thanx

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4777
the 10w3 would be a good match, and is a good sounding sub that is high end.

UnoDenero
Unregistered guest
thanks Subfanatic....that's the one I was leaning towards

what about Rockford Fosgate? Or anything else? I just want to make sure I get the best sub to fit my system and most of the websites either have no reviews or the reviews or pointless

UnoDenero
Unregistered guest
thanks Subfanatic, that's the one I was leaning towards

What about Rockford Fosgate? Or anything else? I just want to get the best sub that will fit my system. Most of the webpages I've been to have no reviews or their reviews are pointless

Silver Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 109
If you're looking for Sound Q, check out a Focal Utopia or Kevlar. Alumapro also makes very good sound q subs that are very efficient and don't require a ton of power.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 132
DLS makes some of the best as well jon. Anything from DLS will sound amazing, especially the Iridiums series. I highly doubt that he is looking to spend "top dollar" for focal or dls though. Low end DLS isnt too costly and is still very nice, while focal doesnt really have anything too low in price.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4467
Image Dynamics IDQ, JL W3v2 as mentioned, also the W6v2 if more money could be spent. The Adire Audio Shiva and Kodas are excellent subs for relatively low cash, they just require larger boxes than most mentioned previously.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 601
i want YOU to buy me a new car. lol
i would say go with a IDQ

UnoDenero
Unregistered guest
Would I be able to get the JL 10w6v2?
My amp only puts out 200 watts @ 4ohms (400 @ 2ohms) and the w6v2 is dual 4 ohm only

Am I right in assuming then that my amp would only supply 200 watts to the w6v2? (This is also the reason I decided to downgrade to the w3v2 since it is dual 2 ohm)

Tell me if I'm going the wrong way about this because if the w6v2 can be dual 2 ohm then my decision would be much easier...i wouldnt mind paying for the upgrade from the w3v2

thanks again for the responses

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 602
a dual 4ohm sub can be wired at 2 or 4 ohms.
a dual 2ohm sub can be wired at 1 or 4 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 276
if its a dual 4 ohm...wire it in a paralell and you should get a two ohm load...than you should send it 400...sry but i don't know the rms on the w6v2...

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 603
*a dual 4ohm sub can be wired at 2 or 8 ohms.*

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 604
the W6v2 does about 500 watts rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums