Who has new Type R's?

Bronze Member
Username: Koojo

Post Number: 16
I just ordered the new Alpine Type R 12" (SWR-1222D) and the new Alpine MRD-M1005 mono amp to go with it. My question to those that own this sub, is what kind of box are you running it in, and how happy are you? This will be going into my sedan with rear seats usually folded down. I'm looking for some good loud bass, but I don't want it buzzing or sounding sloppy. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 45
well i was running ytpe R with mrd-m300 alpine monoo amp and i was pretty happy the system will sound pretty damm good .... i am had this in a sealed/ ported box 1.25 cubic i think... not a special box.. just a regular one i guess andif u want street shaking sound then get another type R and brige that with 2ohmz of load.. it will shake up the street lolol good luck n have fun

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Which universal box ported that I can buy will be the best for this sub? There is one that the local audio store sells that is called GForce (company name or something), and they said it is best for the Alpine Type R. But it also costs $179.... Thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us