Recommended Subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 65
Hey i am going to start driving a Toyota Camry and i was wondering which subs yall would recomend. The smallest i want to go is 12. I am open to alot of suggestions so feel free to reply.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 592
do you want SPL or SQ or SQL?

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 66
Well my friend has recently purchased 2 audiobahn aw1206ts with a8000ts to power them in a sealed box in his single cab. He paid 1000 bucks for his setup and i want my system to hit harder so hell stop tellin me his hits harder and to show him you dont got to spend 1000 bucks to bump. So i would like more spl than sq but i still want good sq. Prolly 65 35 or 60 40.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2753
hahaha
He got screwed, I'd never pay that much for that system, but sense we're on the topic of price, how much do you exactly plan on spending?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2029
Check out www.reaudio.com and look at the SX 15. It is like a 60/40 SPL/sq sub. It will pound in a ported box built to the subwoofer specs.

You can check out www.thecaraudiobox.com or www.woodlawncabinetry.com for nice boxes for this sub.

That should put you at around $600 or less for those to combined. Then you will have around $400 left for a nice mono amp and wiring or whatever.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 67
Well im lookin to spend around 5 to 6 depending on how much money i get from my current system. What about a RE XXX 15 for 300?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2033
You will get more SPL from the RE SX and spend less on a amp to power it. The RE SX is more efficiant with less power then the RE XXX.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 828
yea...the SX15 is $290 shipped and it will kill your buddies audiobahns. (if you put it in bout a 3.5cu ft box tuned to ~32hz)

If you already have the wiring (4ga at least) and you can build your own box, i see no reason why you couldnt get a system that will kill his for ~$700....and by kill i mean utterly destroy.

As for amps, you may wanna look at the kx1200.1, Ed nine.1, jbl bp1200.1, hifonics 1500d, orion 1200d, or the RE 12.1. (you can find all these amps for ~$200-$400)

The only thing about running ~1200w system, is that you will prolly need a larger alt and a deep cycle batt.

But above all, you have to remember that having a good system is all about the install.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2034
I have a SUV and i havent had any problems with my lights dimming or anything yet. I have optima yellowtop under the hood and a 1 farad capacitor. I know how the electrical system works but im surprised at how efficiant the CrossFire VR1000D amp is. It puts out 1332 x 1 @14.4 and 1000 X 1 @ 12.5 watts rms and it has a 120 amp fuse rating. My stock alternator is 85A and its holding up with no problems even when i put the volume up. I have a 180A alternator on the way this week from www.excessiveamperage.com but now im debating weather i should have gotten it since it works out. If i were you i whould test the system first and see if you get any dimming lights and then upgrade from that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us