What's better than a W7?

Anonymous

I've been looking around these forums, reviews, other forums, fellow friends, and it seems like there is a lot of hype over the W7 for SQL. My friend just got a W7 and I admit that I did like the way it sounded and bumped. Right now I have the Diamond Audio MKII M6 and I am ok with it, but am willing to spend money to upgrade. I don't know too much about whats out there other than the mainstream brands that I see in the local ads. I always have the tendency to be different, I guess thats why the W7 doesn't appeal to me as much.

My question is what is out there that beats the W7 in sq AND spl?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3938
RE X.X.X. 15" in a ported box, tuned to 25Hz. It will give you SQ as well as SPL.
It weighs more than the W7.
I would wait for their new subs.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 268
re audio xxx 15"
mk 1 or mk 2 15" adire audio brahma
eclipse titanium 15"s
digital designs(more spl oriented in their subs)
um...ik theres more but its late and i can't think...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2023
www.reaudio.com / RE SX 12 will have more SPL then all of the above and hold down some decent SQ with the right box.

Anonymous

What are some differences (other than price) with the RE SX and XXX? Pros/Cons? Which is better for sql?

Anonymous

actually, given that i am happy with 1000w, which sub sx or xxx will have better sq?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3941
RE X.X.X. is the better sub overall.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 586
an SX will get louder than a XXX, but a XXX will sound better when it gets loud.:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 587
reason being is the XXX has an XBL2 motor, which is an SQ motor, but it has an high XMax so it can get really loud if needed.

Anonymous

How does the RE XXX rank up against other good subs like Focal, Kevlar, DLS, etc?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 760
xxx it has higher excursion and subsequent output. but even within its range of excursion, the motor enables it to maintain linearity. that is, it does not lose control at the expense of moving outward so far, ans so it maintains sq while still being loud.
this is the bennefit of xbl2 tech. it allows for this type of behavior/capability without high cost being associated with the production.
those other subs are really nice (never heard of kevlar) with quaity sound, but lack the output of the xxx.

mrlettucehead
Unregistered guest
I think the W8 is better. Not only it is a better sub, it is one louder.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 612
what?

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 134
Yeah I heard of that sub the jl audio W8 the sub to end all subs. lmao. What if they did make a W8? what kind of sub would it be?

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 625
a cast aluminum basket with an invisible sub that had a sensitivity rating of 150 dbs 1w/1m. lmao

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4473
And 10 more patents.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 631
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums