Bazooka nos8a tubes

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacstyle0

Post Number: 38
im wanting to get (2) bazooka nos8a amlified tubes and an alpine cda-9847 and bazooka rxs525 components

do the bazooka nos8a tubes perform as good as they look?
are they worth the extra cash?
does this sound like a good set up?

keep in mind that i have a 1984 chevy s-10 extended cab (and limited space)

thanx for any info or advise

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 87
I'm not sure of the new bazooka tubes but I used to have one in my 88 nissan extended, when one of the demo cars was at a stereo shop in town they had an spl meter set up. A guy who spent 2000 canadian on his system hit 140db, with amy system at the time (factory cassette, stock door speakers, and one 8" tube with built in 40w amp) I was getting about 135-136db. granted this was about 10-11 years ago.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9350
those tube subs that look like a Nitrous tank?
those things are about as ghey as richard simmons at a sausage fest. they sound like crap too.. just like pretty much every tube sub, but if space is that tight, sometimes those tubes are teh only viable solution.. especially if they need to be removable.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9351
135dB on an old mic is about 125 on a termlabs, which isn't that impressive to be honest. there's a huge difference in 5dB, too.. that's nearly twice the audible volume or equal to over four times the power output between the two systems.. just for reference.

the old AC mics from ten years ago were very loose and were as much as 3 to 10dB higher reading than the current termlab mics

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 89
thanks for bursting my bubble, and I was pushing that thing hard, kept frying the amp. they're alright if you want a little extra boost and have no room, but if you want real loud there's better out there

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
Or, you could do somn like what my uncle did, he bought a bazooka bass tube, (not a nos one-they do look ghay) but he painted it do look almost exactly like a grey goose bottle. Id go with a fake bottle of vodka of a fake nos tank any day. BTW it didnt sound very good

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacstyle0

Post Number: 39
well with my situation ive really got no choice
the bazooka 8 inch tubes are my only option

i guess my question is should i go with amplified or non-amplified w/ external amp?
if non-amplified what is a good amp for the 2 nos8 tubes?
and is the alpine cda-9847 a good hu?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9365
if you're going to run two tubes, go non-amplified and get 4 ohm models.
then you can run a mono amp @ 2 ohms.
that'll be your best bet.
I'd really stick with the black tubes though, not those NOS looking ones.. seriously.
at least then it won't look ghetto. If you're not running spray, don't pretend you are.. it just gets embarrassing at that point.

especially when you run into someone like me.. running two-stage nitrous on a street car. at that point things get kinda messy. :-)

just trying to help ya out before ya spend money on something and end up regretting it.

if space is an issue two 8" tubes will give ya some bass.. just not anything like a good set of subs in a box would, but that's expected.

Anonymous

can you replace the subs on those tubes?
if so you can always screw in a better sub.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9385
yeah you can. I've seen people replace the tube subs with RF or similar subs before.. it works fairly well in fact

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 593
Glass,
what is Audibly twice the volume(BASS)
i have read 5 dbs, 6db's, and 10db's. just want to know which it is.:-)

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9387
roughly +6 to +10dB.
the decibel is a relative scale, and it's non linear. Also you're talking about audible perception which isn't an objectively quantifiable measurement.
What "sounds" like it's twice as loud is usually on the order of four to ten times the power output from the amplifier, but generally most scales you see will list +10dB as twice the volume to the human ar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us