MTX Thunder 6000 12" INFO NEEDED!

Anonymous

Is this a good sub, or is it just o.k.?
Does anyone have any knowledge on this sub?

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 179
i used to own that sub..its decent it got pretty loud and it sounded alright...the only problem i seewith it is that MTXs 6000 and 8000 line of subs had the center piece in the middle that would eventually start to detach and that would ruin the sound and you would have to glue it up

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 16
Yeah it is a pretty decent sub.my bro is running it sealed with a little less wattage then rated and it hits hard!

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 96
i have the MTX 8000. the center caps detached. i epoxied them back on. they hit pretty hard. i'm only running like 200 watts to them and they're like 400 RMS. they sound decent as well.

Anonymous

i blew a 4000 and a friend blew an 8000
youll probably blow the 6000.

the only good mtx series i heard where the old 7500's but they sounded constipated

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 830
yea i like them subs. my neighbor had a pair of the 12's in a ported box. sounded pretty good when he got about 500 watts running to them. they never blew and had pretty deep bass. he got rid of them when he got sponsered by alphasonik and now he has 6 10's with 3200 watts running them lol.

Silver Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 117
It's a good budget sub. You get what you pay for though. I am not sure what your goal is, but like I said you get what you pay for.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbrannam

Mount zion, Il Usa

Post Number: 20
I have the thunder 4000's sub have had them in competition and they hit a 135 db with just 65 watts to them and the volume on the radio was at 20 to 26 and it could have went to 65.

if you need any more info on those subs let me know i can give you want u want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us