Question about sound system in my car HELP!!!!

Joshua85
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, I just bought a 95 vtec civic.

I'm putting a head unit (prob. an alpine cda-9851)

My goal is looking for sound quality, but def. enough bass and sound to get the juices flowing.

My friend told me to get a 12inch sub in a sealed box with a amp to power it. I am looking at 05 kicker compvr 12 400W rms, and I want a mono or 2 channel amp to push 400W RMS.

there are alpine 6.5s i nthe doors and 6x9s in the back from the previous owner. he told me to leave the speakers alone, because the head unit would take care of the sound for me there. Should that be enough for what I want? or do i need toi power my speakers too.,..again, sound and quality over power, but I def. want to feel it, and be heard when I want to be (not exactly from blocks away though)

what are some recommendations? I am fairly new to car audio. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3920
If you're into SQ, then skip the Kicker and try IDMax/RE x.x.x./JL and few others. Do a search or read up on some of the threads here for brands.
Sealed is great if you have 2 subs, but for one, I'd go ported, tuned to 25Hz - 30Hz.
Your HU will NOT supply enough power to balance out the sub. It may be okay for SPL, but for SQ, you really should get another amp for the speakers.
FYI, HUs will supply 13w - 18w rms the most. Very weak in power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us