Need Advice

Username: Matthew0803

Post Number: 1
Alright, so I am ordering a 900watt 150x2RMS @ 2ohm and 75watt X 2RMS @ 4ohm amp by Rockford Fosgate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/301S-ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-NEW-900-WATT-2-CH-AMP-301S_W0QQitemZ57 99688753QQcategoryZ39737QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats the link,

I also have 2X10" 10W0 JL audio subs, I know they aren't the greatest, but I think they will accomplish what im trying to accomplish.

Each sub has optimal performance at 150RMS, but im not sure if all subs can perform at 2ohms, I don't want to underpower them with 75 watts a piece, I'm still learning about all this stuff, and I'm getting a friend to help me install them, I already have the subs, i'm just thinking about getting that AMP. Does anyone have advice if I am making a big mistake? I would appreciate any help at all, thanks.

also, i was going to order the amp kit that comes with that amp at the bottom of the page for 30 dollars, its 8gauge i think?

Please dont make fun of a newbie, im just trying to learn thats all :-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3915
Are your subs 4ohms SVC or DVC? That amp bridged will only handle 4ohms.
Therefore, if they're SVC, then it won't work. If they're DVC, then wire each sub in parallel to get 2ohms and then wire them together in series for 4ohm resistance.
If all you're doing is playing those low powered subs, then you can try Audiobahn's A8000T amp. It's cheap too, around $130- $140. It's a great starter amp.

Username: Matthew0803

Post Number: 2
wow...i'm kind of lost...

why cant it handle 2 ohms if the advertisement says it can do 2x150RMS at 2 ohms?

and do i want 2ohms or 4ohms? what the difference really?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3896
two ohms stereo is the same as 4ohms mono. That amp is 2 ohms stereo stable and 4ohms mono stable. in order to get a 4ohm load mono you are gonna want to get 2-dual 4ohm subs. If you want to wire it in stereo and get 150/each that way get 2 dual 4ohm subs and wire them up seperately to each chanell.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us