Anyone heard SX and X.X.X.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 323
Has anyone ever heard the SX and if so how does it compare to the x.x.x.( I own 3 x.x.x's) I'm lokking into getting my hands on a 18" SX. I've heard from other unreliable sources that it does get noticibly louder than the x.x.x. just not with the SQ of the x.x.x. True ????

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9271
true dat.
the SX requires less power than the XXX as well.

the XX uses an XBL^2 motor, which is designed for SQ.. it just has a high excursion so it can get loud but it's not the most efficient design around.. just very clean with a very flat BL curve.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 747
i'm selling a 12" SX ;) brand new.. i'll trade you it and some cash for a xxx :o.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 823
yes...

from what i have seen and heard (w/ my own ears), the SX is a louder/more efficient sub. (both subs w/ ~1200wrms each)

the x.x.x. would be much better for SQ, but w/ similar power...the SX will take the X.X.X. in SPL. (at least in cases w/ 1500wrms and less)

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 824
by the way....how loud are those three x.x.x.'s you have?

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 325
Well they're not all in the samer vehicle. I have my 18" x.x.x in my expedition.My 15's are in a '02 Tahoe and in a '65 mustang. My 18 is standard dual 2 ohm powered by an Orion 1200D and my 15's are dual 4 ohm powered by Infinity's 1210a. All are getting 1200 w rms,well, except for one 15. The one in my Tahoe is the one I, or my brother-in-law, fu(ked up. I'm getting it fixed by RE though.
By the way I went out and got my 18" SX along with an RE 12.1 wich is 1200 rms x 1(advertised) from Advanced car creations. the only So. Cal. RE dealer. I got an awesome deal considering I did'nt have to wait 3-4 weeks if I had ordered from RE direct. the guy I spoke to is the rep, or some sh1t, of souther Cali from Ascendant Audio. Real smart guy. I talked for about an hour with the guy.
Anyhow he said they benched the RE amp at over 1500 rms and burped it or something,I don't know, at about 1700 rms ???
Anyways, I got the sub,amp, and another yellow top. Now all I gotta do is built another box.

I'll let you guys know how it sounds compared to the 18" and 15" x.x.x. Thanks guys.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 326
By the way check out their website Advancedcarcreations.com , they are in Garden Grove for those of you in Southern Cal. They're also holding a competition onn the 2nd of Sept. and give away lots of sh1t. They do all kinds of custom work. I checked out this ride they're building for some car audio brand. It's going to be the official car of this company for next year. 6 subs,18 monitors ,3 of wich are bigger than the one I have at home, insane...check 'em out.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2009
How much for the SX 12 justin ? I can get it from RE for whatever they charge but whats your deal ? Is it brand new and never been used or what ? Im trying to decide between a SX 12 and 15.

justin a college
Unregistered guest
mine was just hooked up a few days ago before I got up here at college, only 500 watta going to it though to test it. I think from RE they charge 249.00 for it last I checked. I sort of wanted to trade it but.. any offer i'll get back to for cash. Let me know.

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 257
what would be an all around better sub the TI or the SX? my Goal is SQL

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 270
ti then for sql...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2040
The Ti will have better overall SQL but the SX will have more SPL and solid SQ also. The Ti is overall well rounded.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 330
I just finished my 18 SX enclosure this weekend and installed on sunday. Pushing the sub is an
RE 12.1.
So what i have to say is WOW!!!
Louder than my 15 and 18 x.x.x.( in diff vehicles)
Its got slighty less SQ than my x.x.x.'s but I think it's still awesome . the SQ on the SX is great. Huge diff in SPL though.
I was really surprised when I played it for the first time given its only rated at 1000 w rms and x.x.x. rated at 1600 rms.
I have an 18 x.x.x powered with an Orion 1200D(rated 1200 rms x 1 @ 1 ohm) in an Expedition and my new set up, 18 SX powered by an RE 12.1
(also rated @ 1200 rms x 1 @ 1 ohm) in a Tahoe, and I gotta tell you guys SX's are awesome subs as well. Louder than my 18 x,x,x,
Doug- when I compared my 15 x.x.x to a Ti, the Ti never came close(sold it after a week or two).
X.X.X. has just all around better sql than a Ti and a lot louder too.
Given that the SX is louder than my x.x.x. with just slightly less SQ, I would take the SX over the Ti because its gonna be a lot louder with the SQ probably being around the same.
I try to look for a Ti owner around here and compare 'em.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2050
Thats good to hear DR MAX, I ordered my RE SX 15 today for $290 and its gonna be in a ported box at 4.25 cubes @ approx 30hz and that should get me around 145db and up with solid SQ. Powered off my CrossFire VR1000D.

Should blurr my vision and hear the bass shimer the block most likely.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 333
I got my 18" in a 7 cube ported enclosure tuned to 29 Hz. I'm currently feeding it over 1200 w rms and handles them nicely. All I can say is , this is one sweet sub dude. You're gonna be pleased with it.

And yeah man, Its gonna definately shimer the block. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 262
how much did u pay for the 12.1 amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us