I think bose has really good car audio :-) :-) lol

Bronze Member
Username: Mbenz10

Post Number: 53
How u guys doing...... lol i still think bose has good car audio.....

Bronze Member
Username: Cooldudejz

Post Number: 30
you amaze me and not in a good way

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9274
haha

you instigator you.

that's cool if you like the sound of bose. it's subjective anyway. I've just not been too impressed with their build quality or reliability to be honest.. in homes or cars.

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 77
Well, let's be honest though. Bose does have good car audio for everyday listening. I mean stock systems are getting better each year, but Bose still out-nudges stock.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 417
Bose will always be a popular choice for luxury cars because the rich people that buy them are the same people that belive that BOSE is the last word in audiophile sound systems. They buy $2600 BOSE sattelite speakers for their home theaters and would naturally want them in their car. For the price that the "premium audio" upgrade adds to their new car, Acura or whoever else could get focals or rainbows, but they'd sell a lot less of them, garunteed.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9284
let's be honest? ok. bose sounds like someone belching the national anthem of canada to me.
I'd really rather have a non-bose stock system compared to most of the crappy stuff I've heard from them in cars or in homes.

that's honest.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 819
bose speakers sound weird to me. They have no highs, a different sounding bass. They jsut have a different sound, and I don't like it lol. I'll take an infinity stock system any day over a bose stereo

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 85
GlassWolf, I was trying to be nice. lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4438
As far as upgraded systems in luxury cars, the best I've heard are the Lexus Mark Levinson systems and the Dynaudio systems like those in the VW Passat. And both spank the crap out of every Bose system I've heard in a car. Acura would never use Focal or Rainbow anyway, they're 2nd class luxury, more like a Volvo than a Mercedes.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 602
scuba, not all rich people buy bose. most know better and get B&W.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 525

quote:

Well, let's be honest though. Bose does have good car audio for everyday listening. I mean stock systems are getting better each year, but Bose still out-nudges stock.

Honestly, Bose does not sound good for everyday listening, especially if you listen to your music at higher volume. and the only reason you "could" say that Bose out-nudges stock is b/c they are an audio company, and car manufacturers make....cars, and aren't worried about the SQ of their factory systems.:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 526
No Highs
No Lows
Must Be hmmmm...BOSE!

Anonymous

i was impressed the first time i heard the big wave radio.. i couldnt get better sound out of a 3 1/2" speaker and a pringles can. :P

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9300
the pisser about the wave radio is it's just a 3.5" speaker in what equates to a horn loaded enclosure, but Bose paid an army of lawyers to come up with a way to patent a design that's been around for eons. Thus the phrase: "BOSE: Better sound through marketing."

The only research they do is in their legal departments.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 420
Chris, I wasn't implying that all rich people buy BOSE. Just the ignorant rich who think they know more than they do and refuse to do something like research before they buy sometihing that costs thousands of dollars (gasp!). Which by total coincidence happens to be most of them. They want to believe that BOSE is the best and BOSE is very good at convincing them of that through bogus marketing and price fixing as well as through the requirements they give retailers who want to sell their over-hyped garbage. Also, if you go to a BOSE outlet, they give you a demonstration of BOSE speakers in a perfect listening room and the speakers are hooked up to $30 grand worth of audio processing equiptment. I know this because I've seen it. If you go in and act dumb enough and get lucky enough, a salesperson will let you see what they're hooked up to. Another thing that pisses me off is that BLOSE sued consumer reports for publishing the results of blind listening tests in which BOSE got terrible feedback from listeners. Their grounds for the lawsuit was that listeners should have been told what brand speakers they were listening to, which would completely invalidate the results. They lost the suit thankfully, but BOSE has never been shown in a negative light by Consumer Reports since then. I could go on forever about BOSE, but I'd rather watch a 007 movie on AMC.

Anonymous

that radio just gives the slight clue..
if i were ever to go ported it would be a snail shell.
its not 7ft or whatever bose said it is but the snail shell has the longer tubbing effect.
i couldnt believe i was hearing rumble from a speaker so sized
thats the only miracle on bose street for me

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4441
"Another thing that pisses me off is that BLOSE sued consumer reports for publishing the results of blind listening tests in which BOSE got terrible feedback from listeners. Their grounds for the lawsuit was that listeners should have been told what brand speakers they were listening to, which would completely invalidate the results. They lost the suit thankfully, but BOSE has never been shown in a negative light by Consumer Reports since then."

"Unscientific testing methods" was Boses claim if I remember correctly. In which, Consumer Reports did a double blind test, the best method out there, and Bose's system scored a 62 out of 100. Decent audio magazines like Fi and What Hi-fi? ignore them altogether, but Consumer Reports sucks anyway so no biggie.

As far as more scientific testing methods, August 1999 issue of Sound and Vision magazine, Bose Acoustimass 15 specifications (the $1300 system, one of their most popular) as measured:

Frequency Response:

Satellites: 280 Hz to 13.3kHz at ±10.5 dB
Bass Module: 46Hz to 202Hz at ±2.3 dB

Bass Limits (-3/-6 dB):
Satellites: 280/220 Hz
Bass Module: 46/40 Hz

And last, but not least, the frequency response graph*:
Upload

*Image taken from www.intellexual.net

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3933
What a terrible graph. Any newbie should be able to tell what's wrong with it.
I used to think BOSE made decent speakers when I was a kid. Glad I never broke my piggy bank for it.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4442
Yeah, I believe a guy with Parkinsons could draw a straighter line than that. And to those that are wondering, it IS anechoic, the speakers are just that bad.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 421
I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I look at that chart.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 554
if you can find a shoulder....you should cry....lol

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9313
whereas my KEF 104/2 Reference mains have an almost perfectly flat resistive load response from 20-20K, and they were made circa ~1986-1991.

while I will say audio is subjective to each person's ears, I'll caveat that by saying that I still prefer the most transparent response I can get from speakers, so the recordings sound as close to the original performance as possible. At that task, Bose fails miserably.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us