Voltage Regulater?

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 49
Hey i was wondering if you can hook up the battery wire and fuse holder up to the Voltage regulater where the alternater and the regulater meet? Or do i need to hook it to the battery and can you give me reasons?

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 51
Need help please.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 25
Battery positive is the best 12 volt source on the car, and battery negative is the best ground on the car. Don't try to make the install easier by connecting to other places.

PS - It looks like you have decided to go with RE. Good decision. It will be dificult to find them cheap and I hope you get a good amp.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 54
Ok thanks. Ya i was jw bout the regulater cuz my friend got it installed by "pros" and thats where they put it and my friends system stopped playin so i popped the hood and saw it over there and i was like wtf. So i took it off and put it on his positive but not after a new fuse. lol. but ya me and my neighbor and my dad fixed it for him while he stood there like an idiot not helpin. Pissed us off bad. But he paid 1000 bucks for a system that hits just a little harder than mine with all his bass turned up ( hes goin to blow them...lol) and i spent 250 for my setup.....lol. But ya the REs are expensive so is there any one sub that RE makes that is better than the Rl-p15 but for the same price?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9273
connect to the battery.
you'll get AC ripple from the regulator output. the battery helps to act as a filtering device to smooth that out to an even, smooth 12VDC.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 60
Alright cool. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us