Soundsplinter vs RE SE

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 43
Hey im lookin at gettin a new system and i have been told to get either the Soundsplinter Rl-p15 or the RE SE 15. I have heard that they both are good but that the RE will get louder. I also talked to a custom box designer and he said that the REs are durable but he said he never heard of the Soundsplinter. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 369
It all depends on the application. I've seen tests done where the RL-p can "outloud" the XXX.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 46
The application would be the recomended ported box in the back of a ext. cab truck without backseat. Amp will be Hifonics 120 or 1500

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 47
1205*

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 743
if you were comparing the xxx or even the sx (or sxxx for that matter) then it would be more of a deliberation.
the rl-p will have greater output and sq at said output.
also the juicy spot for the RL-12 is about 800 watts, so you will have considerably more power to play with if you went that route over the 600 rms se.

draco47
Unregistered guest
i have an RL-p15 in a 2.5ft^3 box @34 Hz powered by a e1800d. best 15" ive heard SQ wise, and its has exceptionally loud output. it is rated @ 500 rms conservtively, however before i purchased a multimeter, i had been clipping the amp once in a while ,getting it close to 1100-1200 watts, and it just ate it all. i dont recommend going that high with the wattage, but its a very strong & dependble sub imo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us