RE XXX or Eclipse Titanium or Avalanche 15 / Isaac or glasswolf or jonathan or anyone who has heard all 3 ? ? ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1993
How do these subs compare in order from 1-3 as far as SPL ?

1-3 as far as SQ ?

Im deciding between the RE XXX 12 or 15 and the Eclipse 15 Ti

Im looking for more spl this time around with sq second. Let me know everyone.

p.s. I have 2 12w6v2's sealed in my SUV for right now and i just wanna experiment with a new sub that can give me more spl with sq second.

I own a CrossFire VR1000D 1 ohm stable mono amp.

I also have a Eclipse DA7122 that is 2 ohm stable and puts out 1000 rms also.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 538
dude...thats as close as it gets...but i'd give SPL to XXX and Ti as it has more xmax...and I'd give the nod to eclipse ti because its about $75 cheaper for the 15"...it's also a better match for your amp...on top of that...the RE XXX isn't available now until they come out with their new line at the end of the year...so u'd really only be able to get one used on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3903
MO, if you want SPL and SQ, get 2 RE x.x.x. 12" in a ported box, tuned to 30Hz.
I doubt you'll be able to use it for everyday driving. Your ears can only take so much pressure before it goes south.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1994
I was looking into just one sub this time around instead of 2. Like one 12 or 15 that will hit hard and loud. I want the most SPL i can get and maintain some SQ so i can tell the basslines apart to some extant. Somthing for everyday driving that will get louder then my 2 jl 12w6v2's in my suv. I listen to mostly rap music with all kinds of bass.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 740
Not certain if this influences your decision any.
Upload

the new XXX

I also spoke with Dan Wiggins of Adire. he says they will be receiving their last big shipment this week to fill orders. new pics will go up on the site within the next couple of weeks.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1995
I keep reading that the RE SX is as loud as the RE XXX if not louder. How whould the SX compare to the Avalanche and XXX in output for example

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 741
i don't think it's going to touch this new one MO. the sheer displacement alone speaks volumes (and requires a lot of it too i'm sure).
Upload

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1997
Thats a monster sub. It makes the old model looks so small. I wonder what the RMS is on the new model. Im trying to decide between RE XXX, RE SX, Eclipe Ti / I have a crossfire vr1000d thats 1 ohm stable amp that puts out about 1332 rms at 14.4 and like 1000 at around 12.5 and so on. I also have a Eclipse DA7122 that puts out about 1000 rms also and is 2 ohm stable.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 745
me too. b/c if the rms is 1400, that baby is as good as mine.
i like all of your selections, but i would go with the XXX over the sx b/c it's plenty loud and has superb sq- a true sql sub. I'm concerned about the upcomming integrity of the Ti b/c they are going commercial and being distributed by crotchfealed. not much a fan of ANY commercial sub (except for the w6v2).

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1999
Mike, with the amps that i have so far. Whould it be enough to push the XXX ? Or should i just stick with the Ti or SX ?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2003
?

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 51
were can i find info on that new xxx?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3912