*More Problems*

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 85
I think my system is drawin more power than my battery can handle. I have a JL 1000/1 and two w6v2's. When I turn it up to high volumes the bass will cut out for maybe 4 or 5 seconds and then come back on. My boy said he saw the low volts light come on too. If I put a yellow top optima battery in to replace my factory battery would it fix my problem? Also I heard that some battery was was better to use, i think think the name was Stinger or somethin. Is this true

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

South Bend, Indiana United States

Post Number: 227
What i did was put a optima yellowtop in my trunk and a 200 amp isolator to charge it(you must have the isolator or your alternator wont last), and i can beat for hours.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 743
Get a bigger alternator.

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 86
I cant afford to do that right now. It plays loud now for hours its just when i turn it up real high it starts doin that. I have a SUV so i really wasnt planning to upgrade my alternator, I thought that would be good enough + I dont have the money to do both. I was just wondering if a new battery like the optima or stinger would help

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3882
nope not unless you plan on running it with your engine off! Your alt is what you need.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 432
A battery will not fix your problem, well it will temporarily but in the long run if you buy a bigger alt youll be much better off.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1316
get a bigger alt. A battery cant save you now. If you keep running it like this most likely youll destroy your amp fairly quickly.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3883
or your cars electrical system, and computer failure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us