2 12" Type R's or 2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 62
Reguardless of price, using the same 1000 watt RMS mono amp and same box, what subwoofer is better? Better SQ? Better SPL?

If i give the infinity's a 1200 RMS mono amp which is better SQ and SPL?

I really want to know this because my friend has the Type R's and i need to One-Up Him. I have a hatch-back and he doesn't so i already have a slight advantage, but if you put that aside which is better? Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
muddywaters i know i am asking what is "better than" etc. but this time i do want opinions.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 40
Ya im with Mike on this one. Id like to know which combo would be better. And ya like mike said we want opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 500
what is the rms wattage on the Alpine's
i believe the rms wattage on the infinity's is 350 watts rms

got type r's myself
Unregistered guest
500 rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
alpine is 500 watts RMS I thought the RMS on the Kappa's was 700 becuz infinity rates their subs RMS per voice coil. I have seen the same sub advertised as 350 RMS and 700 RMS.... i am confused now lol.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 503
when i went to their website i clicked on the subwoofer link that read: infinity kappa perfect 12.1, there was nothing behind the 12.1, just 12.1, i noticed there were other versions of the 12.1 prob different VC setups

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
ya i am on their website too, and i could swear i read somewhere online that they were 350 RMS per voice coil. Plus to be 350 RMS and have 1400 Peak is a lil miss-matched.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 504
no that just means they aren't built to be beat on, and plus they are a SQ sub, so they don't need a lot of power for their purpose

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
ya i am on their website too, and i could swear i read somewhere online that they were 350 RMS per voice coil. Plus to be 350 RMS and have 1400 Peak is a lil miss-matched.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 505
or so i think, either way, i would probably go with the Type R's, just look at it this way, you can throw more watts at them so they have to be louder!!lol j/k

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
hmmm... well then im an idiot for all the sh!t i have said in the past 2 hours about the kappa perfect 12.1 becuz i have been thinking they were 700 RMS not 350 RMS. I have 700 RMS subs now, why would i want to cut that in half??? i was thinkin that if they were 700 RMS, becuase they are infinity kappas, they'd be better than my power acoustiks...

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 138
send infinity an email and ask them
I do now with the 6.1 comp system the rms is underated and they openly admit it can take more power maybe the same applys to everything else
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us