Infinity Kappa Perfect

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 35
So ive been told that the Infinity Kappa Perfect is a good sub with good sq. I am looking at buyin 2 of them and i was wondering what would be a good amp to power them and what kind of box is recomended. Or if there are any subs that are better than the Perfects for the same price.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 494
if you ask "what is better than" in any thread, you will always get an opinion, that is why we all have our own brain, so we can think individually. if you constantly ask what is better than this or that , eventually you will come to something that is too expensive for you, or that you don't personally care for, or have never heard of, or can't get due to some uncontrollable factor. you should research these products, and come to your own conclusion. it's all about personal preference.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 23
I recommend that you use two small sealed enclosures (one sub per box) and give them 400-500 watts rms to each sub. As long as everything is set just right and well installed using the proper guage for both power and speaker cable and that all other components in the system are of good quality ( door speakers, head unit, eq etc. ) you WILL be pleased. I have never seen anybody with a pair of well installed Kappa Perfects that was not happy.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 495
but back to your question..
kicker amps are relatively cheap on ebay, and put out good power, and are a good buy for the money:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 37
At Infinity's website they say it is optimized for small sealed, vented, and bandpass enclosures. Ive heard that bandpass enclosures sound better than sealed. I know i dont know much but i am just wondering peoples take on a bandpass enclosure.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 497
in order of loudness
1. Sealed
2. Ported
3. Bandpass

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 499
3 being the highest!! lol
in order of SQ
1. Bandpass
2. Ported
3. Sealed
same with this list:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 24
Do NOT put a Kappa Perfect in a bandpass enclosure. Go for the small sealed enclosure (approx. 1 cubic foot).

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 501
this is a good - bad list that has been on this forum b4, you should take a look at it, it might clear up some of your questions. i didn't mean to b!tch anyone out, i was simply telling you what will and does happen to those kind of questions:-)http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us