Best Subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 28
Hey I have a quick question for yall. I want to know which subs are the best for under 250.

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 51
lol u make a lot of new threads... best subs under 250 (ebay pricing) Alpine type R and X, Infinity kappa Perfect 12.1, and i do like the Power Acoustik MO-FO's, based on their RMS handling. Eclipse SW9122 if you can get one refurbished or used on ebay. they are about 300 shipped on ebay new. JL 10W6V2 for 290 shipped new, look for a used or refurbished one.

Bronze Member
Username: Livinloud7

Post Number: 43
12" / 15" Kicker Comp CVR's / 12" JL W3's

Bronze Member
Username: Livinloud7

Post Number: 44
*Comp VR's

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 580
turkey, on italian bread with provolone lettuce and mayo...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 19
Try not to shop by price. Instead, shop by sound. Use price as a secondary factor in which sub you choose. Find a sub that you really like then save your money and purchase it when you are able to do so. I get the impression that you are in a hurry to put together a system. I urge you to take your time. Don't learn the hard way that rushing is not the way to go.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 490
someone has the late night munchies!! lol
i just finished a big bag of buttery popcorn

Digital Design 2500 Series $209 for a 12"
$249 for the 15", both have 500 watts rms power handling

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 30
Alright thanks. Ya i do start alot of new threads, lol, i got so much to learn. But ya i know where your comin from Mike. Are they any good subs that you think are a real good buy but that arent too pricey?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 491
Digital Designs 2000a series $169 for a 12"
300 watts rms power handling:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
those are pretty much my general consensus i have gathered from research and this forum. The Infinity kappa's are a good buy at like $215 shipped on ebay. Good SQ, but not great SPL. With 2 of those your system will hit pretty hard with the proper amp, and have really nice tight bass. Very clean. I like those alot. I am thinkin of getting them. My friend just got 2 12" type R's and i am desperately trying to one up him. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
215 shipped is for 2 kappa perfects by the way

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 367
My first system was a pair of kappas. You wouldn't be disappointed with them at all.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 32
Thanks. I dont know much about infinity but ive heard their low end stuff and wasnt impressed (but thats why its low end) but ive heard that the perfects are good. what other sub has alot of spl but not lacking in sq?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 22
"But ya i know where your comin from Mike. Are they any good subs that you think are a real good buy but that arent too pricy?"

When it comes to questions like this, almost no 2 people will answer the same way. It is all relative to preferance. But, since you ask me, you will get MY point of view. Considering that money is somewhat of an issue, I advise that you use nothing but MB Quart (Premium and Q), JL Audio, Infinity (Kappa Perfect), Digital Designs and Kicker (Comp VR). In my systems I only use MB Quart (Premium and Q). When I was new to car audio and trying to decide what kind of subs/amps/door speakers to use I listened to many different brands. I was most impressed with MB Quart and have chosen to put together all of my systems with their equipment. You need to find a speaker manufacturer that YOU like better than any other and that is just a matter of auditioning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us