Friend needs my help

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 18
Hey yall i have a friend who has just purchased 2 12" Audiobahn Aw1206t's (1100 watts RMS each) along with 2 Audiobahn A8000t Amps (800 watts RMS each). He went to soundwaves and is getting a custom made sealed box (too small of a space for ported). Me and him would like to know if this system is worth the money and if it will hit really loud.

He spent $1000

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 41
Audiobahn is not that good. You are also under powering the subs by a lot. I'm pretty sure it will still hit loud... i have only one Power acoustik 880 RMS amp powering 2 PA 12" subs and i think its f-ing loud. But, PA isn't a great brand either. but for the money i think its pretty good.

I must admit though, I am looking to upgrade because my amp goes to protect mode when i turn the bass up really loud. And thats just sh!t when it cuts out on you. i feel u may have the same problem. you always want an amp thats the same RMS if not more, becuase you can always turn the gain down on the amp, and it will never go on protect mode, and it puts less strain on your amp. but for $1000 that system will hit loud, dynomat your trunk for the extra $100 though

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
alot of people here dont like audiobahn i think someone just started talkin bad about them and then everyone else just started followin along cause they dont know much
although i havnt heard much of audiobahns but my 2 400 rms arnt that good they can only hit low low notes good although the higher lows sound like crap but those will hit hard 1600 rms is alot although your underpowerin your subs which is a shame but yea he did spend alot i could get it all for bout 400$ $500 at most

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 424
You should have givin me the 1000$ I wouldve bought the quipment and built the box and installed it for that. Plus he wouldn't have had any crappy audioburn equipment.

helpin you
Unregistered guest
thats worth about half...well...you should have paid about half..and its WORTH crap...and wont be much of anything...

TONS and TONS of better sub/amp combos in that range...tons

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Geez, i didn't know this forum was so harsh you guys.... you can spill the beans nicely lol

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 147
it should be really loud but for that budget? hell no thats too expensive...each o those amps are worth $140 on ebay and each sub is about $115 shipped so its actually around a $510 system which will get pretty loud but it wont sound very good because audiobahns are lacking in the SQ department

is it really??
Unregistered guest
Mike Jones...who?...MIKE JONES !...MIKE JONES ?..MIKE JONES !!

hahaha...is that your real name???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
don't act like you don't know my name

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 22
Thanks yall. My friends disapointed now cuz he was dumb but we would also like to know how much it will distort and if the Pl2-212 system is better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
the P2s probably wont get as loud but theyll sound better

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 26
Thanks Quick Shot. So do you think his system will distort alot?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 487
it's not that his system will distort a lot, it is that the L7 reproduces crappy sounding bass

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 488
or "muddy" bass, if you will. lol

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 27
lol. So hes always comparin my stuff to his and always outpayin me and stuff and my parents dont let me spend much and his dont care as long as it makes him look good. So i like yall for sayin that my system will sound better overall than his. And the best part is that i got mine for 250 and he is payin 4 times that. So do yall think i should sell the p2 subs and get 2 p3s instead?

helpin out
Unregistered guest
yes...sell the 2's for 3's...big jump in quality...not 2 much more money..

maybe even try 2 save some up for the RF T1..if your hearts set on RF subs...if not...theres many other options...cuz new RF stuff is not very good...even the P3 isnt great for what you get out of it..if your gettin any sub from RF...get the T1 or T2..but that price range opens up an option of more..even better subs

basically in that big run on sentence...i said...dont get RF subs...for the price...there are many much better subs out there

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 29
Alright thanks. Ya my friend is willing to buy my system for 400. So i was wondering what would be the best system i could get for alot of spl and still real good sq for under 550? Ya im on a pretty tight budget. Including Sub(s), Amp, and Box (which is a set 150 to 200) so ya a good sub and amp combo for 350-400

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 33
Can someone help me at all?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
go with infinity kappa perfect 12.1 or kicker comp VR. for subs. that leave you 200 or so for an amp. good luck man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
15" Alpine Type R( dual 4ohm)
Kicker KX600.1 about $400-420 on ebay and you can call it a day
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-2005-Kicker-KX600-1-MonoBlock-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ5 797306983QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SWR-1521D-15-TYPE-R-1500-WATT-MONSTER-BASS-2005_W0QQi temZ5797177388QQcategoryZ18804QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
whoops the alpine sub is dual 2ohm so get this amp instead
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-KX550-2-CAR-AUDIO-2-CHAN-AMP-AMPLIFIER-1100WATTS_W0QQ itemZ5796514375QQcategoryZ48598QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
thatll be about $420 bucks for amp/sub and itll be way better than his audioburn

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 42
Thanks. For real. Thats tight. What type of box do you recomend and what about 2 infinity perfects in a bandpass enclosure? Infinity website says they are made for small sealed, vented and bandpass and everything ive heard in bandpass sounds good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
all infinity subs are SQ subs i would just put them in a sealed enclosure or amybe a ported if you want it louder...dotn do bandbass not all subs are designed for that and bandpass enclosures only sound good in certain frequencies and when their performing out of that frequency they sound bad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us