Rockford vs Kicker

Username: Thesballer

Houston, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
Hey my friend has a pl2-212 rockford fosgate system with a power acoustik lt980 amp bridged. Should i try to buy it from him for 400 or should i get a Kicker l7 15 refurb and audiobahn amp with a custom built ported box?

Username: Thesballer

Houston, Texas USA

Post Number: 4
Hey i really need some advice because my friend wants to sell his system tomorrow and its between me and his other friend?

Please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 40
hey man, a kicker L7 is much better than those RF subs. and that power acoustik amp is not very powerfull at all. its like 540 RMS bridged at the most. I have a 880 RMS bridged power acoustik amp, and i am trying to get even more power than that. I feel that if you bought his system, you would eventually want something better. Thats what has happened to me, as i have upgrades 3 different amps and 2 sets of subs. Don't get a audiobahn amp either. Like a lot of people have said, they are not that great. I myself am looking at a kicker L7 15" and a 1000/1 amp. Other subs to look at are JBL, alpine type R or type X, infinity kappa perfects, and MTX thunder 8500, 9500. Don't mess around with that other sh!t. hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 146
i personally wouldnt get none of that but if you must the def go for the RF P2s the L7 gets extremely loud but they sound like @$$ and they break easily the P2s will sound worlds better

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 16
Is 400 dollars all you have to spend?? My advice to you...save up more money and look into some nicer equipment. You will be happier in the long run. Try to avoid Audiobahn, Rockford Fosgate (new), Kicker SoloBaric and Power Acoustik. Look into JL Audio, Kicker Amps + Kicker CompVR subs, Infinity Kappa Perfect subs, MTX amps, Alpine Type-R subs or something else along that same quality line. Don't rush into your friends system or the other Kicker/Audiobahn system.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 20
Thanks. Ya yall both helped. Ya ive heard the l7s are good but the square has stress points and it makes them break easier. Would it be any different if the l7 had a warranty? And ive heard the P2s and they hit hard but im worried how long they would last because ive heard the P2s have a problem of cracking on the cone and on one of the subs there is about 7 slit-like marks in the cone but no cracks.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 24
Thanks. Ya yall both helped. Ya ive heard the l7s are good but the square has stress points and it makes them break easier. Would it be any different if the l7 had a warranty? And ive heard the P2s and they hit hard but im worried how long they would last because ive heard the P2s have a problem of cracking on the cone and on one of the subs there is about 7 slit-like marks in the cone but no cracks.

Can someone help a little bit, if yall know?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us