Sql vs.spl ?????

Anonymous

i listen to a lot of rap, but i still want it to sound good, but i still want it to pound. whats the best of both worlds for 2 12" subs. price range is around 100-250 per sub

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 35
big price range, lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 14
I think that you will have a difficult time getting the best of both worlds with that price range.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 477
the Digital Designs 2000a series is $169 for 12"
Upload
they handle 300 watts rms per sub
and they sound very well and hit very hard
the Digital Designs 2500 series is $209 for 12"
Upload
they handle 500 watts rms and also sound very well and hit even harder:-)

Username: Tedsprogz

Post Number: 8
i can vouch for muddy waters, i heard his 10" sub. it kicks hard, and sounds nice.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 533
the cheaper DD looks meaner than the more expensive one

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 478
that is b/c the cheaper one in the pic is a 10"
and the more $ one in the 2nd pic is a 15"

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 130
And because the motors are relativley the same size

You know one thing Ive been wondering why when they make the sub bigger pretty much everything gets bigger except the motor

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 483
b/c increasing the cone size increases the sound coming out of it,even if the motor handles the same amount of power. and if they increased the motor size with every size up from the previous cone, it would cost them more in assembling them, and YOU more!! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Hardball

Elgin, Sc USA

Post Number: 24
Dang MuddyW, Ur up to almost 500 posts and i remembered u registered not too long ago lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4427
"You know one thing Ive been wondering why when they make the sub bigger pretty much everything gets bigger except the motor"

Usually it's not needed. A good company will design a motor that has enough BL to sufficiently control the cones mass. You will notice with these shared motor subwoofers that the mechanical suspension usually changes between the sizes, due to both the soft parts used and the changes that come with a heavier cone.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 485
i registered on august 9th, but since then i have spent about 6 hrs a day on this website!! lol i've been on since a little after 8:30 pm and probably won't get off until about 2:00 am or so. lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 486
it's so addicting, b/c when i am not hanging out at the audioshop down the street, i can talk car audio here(maybe i should get a life) lol

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 135
I wouldnt mind the increase in price if there was an equal increase in output

it really does annoy me to see a 10 that looks better than a 15 just because the 15 looks disproportionate

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 153
$250 per sub aint too bad you can get some Alpine Type Rs or X, Kicker CVR, Eclipse Aluminum...or you can always go with one really good sub like a RE XXX or a Eclipse Titanium

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 136
out of the XXX and TI what would you choose

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 118
xxx They are redesigning the old subs sp ypu'll have to wait to september to buy the new ones.

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 119
Wow, took too much time off this forum, I hate school.

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 62
Infinity Kappa Perfect 12". Retail is around $300, but you can find them for cheaper. 350 RMS? I think. Anyways, compare them to the RE XXX before you make your decision.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9261
not much comparison there.. the XXX will wipe the floor with Infinity's subs, but you're talking about a $500 sub now.. and one that weighs about 60lbs for a 12"
sort of apples and oranges there, and the XXX is going to want a lot more power, which can be a downside for some people
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us