Audiobahn Amps any good?

Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 3
Hey im lookin to buy an Audiobahn a8000t amp to power one 15. My friend has 2 of these and they sound great. But i need help deciding if it is a good amp that will do the job.

Thanks

Anonymous

"Audiobahn Amps any good?"

No.

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 6
Ya thats what i was thinkin. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 145
their ok for the price but you can do better

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 10
Ya my friend got his for 150 apiece and i need something that will power a 15 thats 2000 watts and also be easy on the pockets. (under $200)Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 724
i cant stand audio bum. havn't tried their t series, but i had a 80001dt, and it supplied plenty of power at 1 ohm, with absolutely no heat. never had one issue with it. very solid amp. sold it b/c i refuse to run d class anymore, and it is just a bit too shiny and corny imo (white glove).
great starter amp. my favorite sounding setup besides what i run now.
the t series looks considerably cheaper imo, than that dt series.
i don't trust anything chrome. if they need flash, then they're compensating for inadequacy somewhere in performance.
once you start opening amps and viewing/comparing the boards, the differences become more and more aparent, the more you study them.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 12
Ok. Ya i was lookin at the dt but its too pricey for my budget. Ya i agree with the chrome stuff. My amp right now is not the best lookin amp but it powers my subs perfect especially bridged and it is a pure bass machine.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3882
Shawn P, you won't find a cheaper amp than A8000T. For $130 - $140, it is a good deal. Audiobahn's A8002T and A8000T delivers.
If you look around, you might find one for $130. So if you got 2 of them, then you will get your target goal for under $300.
Their HCT series are also good value amps.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 16
Alright thanks Isacc. Do you think the 8000t is a good amp to power a Kicker l7 15. (2000 watts max)

Prymwolf
Unregistered guest
you need to find out what the RMS or recommended power is for that sub and find an amp that can do that... max means absolutely nothing when you compare brands... rms is mostly standardized... figure that out and then get an amp for that... cause if you wanted an amp that truely did 2000 watts... you would spend easily over a grand

Gold Member

Post Number: 3892
Shawn P, 8000T is good enough. If you needed more power, you can always buy another one for $135.

Anonymous

Where are you finding these AMPS for $130-140

Gold Member

Post Number: 3900
eBay and google. $130 was the cheapest I've seen.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 55
Hell if your looking for the best amp...a little off topic on this one.....but generally the less flashy it is the better it is.....hell zapco reference amps are plain black and are beasts. unless your talking oldschool PPI amps....those things were colorfull but damn them things performed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3901
You will find almost all old amps performed well. It was easy money that turned them greedy (into Sony).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us