Kicker vs Audiobahn

Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 2
Hey im new here and i need some help. Im wondering if i should buy a audiobahn aw1506t with an audiobahn a8000t amp or if i should get a refurbished kicker l7 15 with an audiobahn a8000t amp.

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 4
Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 46
dont buy audiobahn!! been there done that!! the refurbd L7 would prob work and have a warrentie i would look elsewere for your amp

Username: Thesballer

Houston, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
Thanks. Ya i heard bad stuff about audiobahn. What would be a good amp for a kicker?

Bronze Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 47
How many watts RMS is that sub? What is the VC configuration? You could always get a Kicker amp to go with your Kicker sub.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 11
The Kicker sub is 1000 watts RMS. Not sure on the VC config. Ya i was lookin at the Kicker amps and they look good but i need somethin that is under 200 and will power the 15 good.

Thanks for answerin back

Bronze Member

TN

Post Number: 48
If you want an amp that puts out a true 1000w RMS for under $200, then you'll need to look at used amps. I would suggest saving up for awhile, then buying a new amp.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 13
Ok. Is there any type of amp that you prefer?

Bronze Member

TN

Post Number: 49
The vets here can better answer this question for you. Just stay away from the cheap stuff like Audiobahn, Profile, Legacy, etc.

Look at JBL, JL, Xtant, Diamond Audio, Orion, Kicker, etc. You can find some nice, new amps from JBL, Kicker, Orion, and others on eBay for less than $400 shipped.

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 95
Ya it's gonna pretty hard to find a new amp that puts out a tru 1000 watts. You could get a high quality 500 or 600 watt amp that would work w/ that kicker sub. Such as a rockford bd500 or a jl 500/1 might even be able to find a 600 watt jbl amp. You would more than likely have to buy those used for around 200 probably a little more, but you get what you pay for.

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 19
Ya thats true. Do yall think a Power Acoustik amp is any good? And i was wondering if yall think my current system is good. It is a Rockford Fosgate Pl2-212 system (800 watts total) powered by a Power Acoustik lt980. My system is bridged and it sounds like a low power system but i think it hits pretty good bridged.

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 42
i have an 880 bridged PA amp. powering 2 12" PA subs. its loud, but the amp goes on protect mode way to often when i turn the bass up loud with my control knob. I am personally looking to upgrade to something better.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 438
you could try a mtx 801d amp,

Bronze Member

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 21
You could try a mtx 801d amp.

Is that for the Kicker l7 15?

Silver Member