Wiring Quad voice coils

Username: Fukyou

Post Number: 1
I just got a Oz Audio power series 15.1 sub, and it have no idea how to wire its 4 coice coils. They are 1 ohm each, i have a memphis hk802sx amp, which can handle the sub, i want to get as much power as i can without comprimising ruining the equipment. If you can can you give me a site or diagram on how to wire this please?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9226
is the amp mono?
is it 1 ohm stable or 2 ohm?

quad coil subs are generally made for using two or four amplifiers to drive them for high power applications

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 720
i believe that's a two channel amp. 2200w @ .5ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_brewer

Stockbridge, GA. U.S.

Post Number: 17
hey quick question, I am interested in buying a sub. I want something like a w7 but don't want to pay the price. I have been looking at avalanche 12 and 15, RE audio XXX 10" 12" and 15" and maybe a image dynamics or a brahma what do you think. I currently have a 12" L7 and the sound quality is really getting to me, but at the same time I like the powerful bass it makes so i am looking for something with sound quality but also awsome spl

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 725
all would be great. id max, brahma, xxx, avalanche... i would focus on which one is most readily available. which is probably going to be the id max.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us