Amp wiring help

B-dizzle
Unregistered guest
How do i bridge a two channel amp?

B-dizzle
Unregistered guest
An will a bridged 2 channel amp power 2 single voice coil 4 ohm subs?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1631
RTFM, and no. the load would be too low. you want a mono sub amp for your two 4 Ohm subs.. that'd be a mono two Ohm load, which would be ideal.
use the two channel amp for your components instead.

B-dizzle
Unregistered guest
What about a bridged 2 channel amp powering 2 dual voice coil 4 ohm subs?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1637
if each sub is 4+4 then yes
you bridge the amp, then wire each sub with series coils, and put both subs on the amp in parallel
this will make for a 4 Ohm load, and ideal power output

B-dizzle
Unregistered guest
cool, thats what i was thinkin, but i wasn't sure. I heard of people bridging a 2 channel amp into two single voice-coil 4 ohm subs. How is that possible?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1642
if they did, the amp is 1 Ohm stable, or the subs were wired to present an 8 ohm load, and the amp was only giving half its ideal power

Unregistered guest
I have a Jensen A82 40 watt x 2 amp. I do not have the manual. there is a blue/white wire for auto-sensor. what is this for? where does it hook to? anyone have the wiring diagram?

Unregistered guest
hey umm i am looken at buying a mrv-1000 from a buddy and i was wondering if the amp would be good enuff to puond two dual voice coil 12 inch type r's that are 4 ohms, i just wanna make sure that this amp will rock my subs an di was also sondeirng what i shoudl go wiht for subs i am staying wiht type rs but shoudl i get 2-12's 2-15's or 3-10's i listen to lots of rap and i really wnat it to thump wiht that amp i have a new m1000 as well but i it is in my other car and i wnat it to saty there so and ideas would be great
thnaks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us