Alternatives to JL W(zero)

andy from sioux falls
Unregistered guest
I'm currently running two 10-inch JL W zero's in a sealed box with an alpine head and a 300 or 350 watt earthquake amp and i must say they kind of blow. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a better pair of tens for a reasonable price.

Also, i have 6.5" earthquake coaxials in the car, '97 cherokee, running off the alpine head, and they pop badly at high volume with the bass. just wondering if anyone has any tips to get rid of this, bass blockers or something similar, i'm kind of an electronics novice.

thank you for any help

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 179
I dunno if this is good advice based on what you have to spend but I was looking for one decent 10 inch sub and I got an Orion H2 and must say that I am pretty happy with it for the price (about $230 shipped) it is massive and sounds just as loud as some of the cheaper 12 or even 15 inchers I have tried. TWO of these would be awesome I suppose I am just cramped for space.

Just my 2cents I am no expert but I was looking for a somewhat "premium" sub for less than 200 bucks and even though I spent a little more it fits the bill for me.

I got it from a web vendor called cbrstereo.com and I was not really happy with their customer service and slow shipping but they had the best price at the time.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 258
sweet andy yur from sioux falls...im from canton...but go to school at sioux falls christian...anyways...you should look at some kicker compvrs you could get at dashboard elec in sioux falls...type r's...shiva 10s(when they come out)...um...theirs more...how much does a 10inch w0 run for???...

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 36
you could look into the RE series from www.reaudio.com there 175 watts rms each so tha amp would match up pretty good. though i dont think that would be a giant step up from a w0 but im guessing it would prob hit a little harder and sound better for sure! you could look into the SE series but that prob would not fit into your box.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 183
Image Dynamics, IDQ10's... Excellent subs. Of all the subs I've had so far, they are my favorite.

Image Dynamics is a great company and has an awesome reputation, guarantee you will be satisfied.

andy from sioux falls
Unregistered guest
you can get new jl w0's online for about $95 each new.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us