142.2 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 399
Well the thread in amps got deleted so I thought I would share the info with the people who are interested. Thanks to those who gave me suggestions. I also found out that I gained a full db with the box facing the cabin. I just hope I can get a new Box Built before then but I highly doubt I will have the time.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 134
you hit 142.2 with that 15" avalanche thats nice..what amp did you use to push it? also is the box sealed or ported

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
The amp is a Interfire IFD 1000c in a box thats 2.95 cf tuned to 34 htz. SQ woofer in a sql box. Im planning on going to the big show in summit this coming weekend to get embarrassed. But more to have some fun. Everyone was extremely helpful and nice. I just want to find someone who will let me use their amp to do a burp to get a better number.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 455
what kind of vehicle do you have your stuff in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
99 Civic 4dr

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 456
do you have any pics?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 822
not bad at all Oso.

what kind of power does that interfire amp produce?

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
Muddy all I have is the certificate for second I got and the interfire puts out 600@4ohm 800@2ohm and 1000@1ohm all ratings are 14 volts. So im going to try and find a better amp someone will let me borrow just for the comp so i can hit a better number.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 458
not even of just your car? oh well..:-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
No muddy not of the car. It is completely stock except for the stereo. Im not into all the flash rims and paint and stuff. I will try to take some pics of my install though. Im still old school have to get the pics developed.

Silver Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 106
Try increasing the box size a little bit, maybe 3.5-4.5ft^3. And tune it to 45-50hz and see what happens. Also, build the largest port (surface area) that you possibly can...

Silver Member

Post Number: 406
the problem with doing that is in order to go any bigger at least depth wise i would have to do a build in and i dont want to. I would like to be able to switch my boxes one for daily the other for comp

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 60
Not bad...

Plus it sounds like someone else has been bitten by the bug. Maybe I'll see you around sometime.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
Im going to summit in tallamdge on sunday so if your going ill see you there. It is gonna be a big show. So I hope some people from the forum are going.

Anonymous

Whats got more Spl The Ava or the Ti?

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 61
I wish I could go. The next comp. I might go to is on Sept. 10. USACi World finals is in Kansas City in October though. Or were you just doing DB Drag?

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
I was just out doing db drag. There is going to be a lot of people there at summit for the comp this weekend since its a free entry.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 735
hmm 142.2 in a ported at 34hz.... doesnt james have his in a sealed box wwith an 800 watt amp hitting 143.7 ?? i hope my ABC box hits 145... i think its possible....

by the way oso what does it feel like hitting 142 with that sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
Believe it or not, it is not that loud. I listen to it every day at high volumn. Im gonna do some things to try and get 150 with that sub then its time to switch to go higher. I know it wont be done before the next show but In due time it will be done before next season starts. And im sure the amp is not putting out 1000rms on the burp so im probably only burping with maybe 700. So im definately gonna upgrade amp wiring battery box and alt before next season.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 738
im gonna build a ABC box and run a 1000/1 to it and hopefully get 145 or even higher...

Silver Member

Post Number: 416
If i redigned my box and upgraded to a aftermarket battery and new wiring i know i could gain at least 5 db maybe more my box is the biggest thing thats holding me back.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 744
my box is literally the biggest thing lol... its almost 11 cuft exterior

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Damn, That is one big a$s box. If I had that much room Id build some port wars type of sh1t.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1986
Actually James Longo says he hit 146.7 with this single Avalanche 15 Sealed at 2.5 cu ft.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 468
i have heard 152 db, and that was very loud. it was so loud that i could hardly see in front of the vehicle well enogh to drive.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 469
due to the vibrations, of course:-)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1989
What type of music were you listening to when you heard 152db and what type of subs and amps and car and box ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us