NEED SERIOUS AMP HELP!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Lilbuck12

Post Number: 12
K try to bare with me hear because this is kinda hard to explain... There is somethin seriously wrong with my amps. I have two mono amps and a 4 channel, the 4ch and one mono powers on, but they wont make any sound come out... every now and then they will play music. The other amp, however, doesnt power on... the cap runnin to it powers on, but the amp doesnt. I double and triple and so on checked my fuses, which obviously isnt the problem if i have some power. Its wierd though honestly whenever i make a right turn the music shuts off, then when i make a left turn it turns back on. My head unit powers on just fine but no matter how much i turn the volume up or down it makes no difference. Any ideas?!?!?!?!? PLEASE HELP!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 21
checked your grounds to the 2 amps, they may be loose. my amp kept goin to protect mode....and i checked my ground and it was loose.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
They seem fine but all three amps are grounded in a different spot. Should i do that or is it possible that too many grounds end up grounding out?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
no thats fine, as long as they are all grounded tight to metal, it doesn't matter if they are all grounded at different spots. It has to be something with the audio connections if the amp powers on and there is no sound.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
no thats fine, as long as they are all grounded tight to metal, it doesn't matter if they are all grounded at different spots. It has to be something with the audio connections if the amp powers on and there is no sound.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Could it be possible that i some how burned out my rca jacks from the head unit? Its a brand new JVC just got it about two weeks ago. But why would my cap turn on, but not the alpine amp its running to?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
maybe you need a bigger alternator. i doubt it though if u have been runnign the set up for awhile with no problems, but if its a new system, then you might not be able to supply enough power for it to run properly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
well actually i just recently put in the second mono amp. but i also have a cap for each mono amp. should i run the monos on a separate battery? Its wierd though i just went and regrounded my alpine mono which was the one that wasnt powering at all... it still didnt work for a couple seconds, then all of sudden everything just kicked on and works fine. Maybe its just workin for now but do u think that reground had anything to do with it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ya it could of. are u using a stock alternator? becuase if u are your 2 power caps are a waste of money becuz the power caps can't charge up enough between bass hits to work properly...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yea im using the stock alternater and an old battery in a 1990 mustang. lol yea its probly good to invest in a new battery and alternator. So do you think i should run the monos off a separate battery?

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 72
Get a new alternator first. if your alt can't keep up now a second batt won't help. Batt only helps when your running system with car off.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 428
i'm pretty sure that when the car is running and your alternator can't give it the right amount of power it needs, it takes it from the battery, you will have even less power if you try to run it with just the battery
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us