NOS Injected Onto the Voice Coils..

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 709
was reading one of my old "performance auto & sound" mags from a while back, and ran accross a silvia s-15 with nitrous.
regular occurence. except, this guy had two lightning audio strike series subs inverted with the nos injecting through the ceramic motors (not the neodymiums) directly onto the VC of each sub.
wondering if this should really work, theoretically at least.

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 95
o yea depending on the shot it could add like 50 horsepower(o my bad i meant dbs) to the subwoofer...hell no i seriously doubt that that sh!t would work...thats like adding a turbo kit to your subwoofer so it responds faster wtf

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 350
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 82
Actually, n2o is a cold gas so is should work.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 352
wouldn't it keep the voice coils from becoming too hot so he could play it longer, for something else to break? lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
wtf? well im gonna go add a Vtec kit and a new Exhaust to my 9500 to see if it gets any louder

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
even in some parallel universe were it could work the added "power" from the N2O would push the sub to its mechanical limits like if it was operating off peak wattage so the voice coils would melt after such abuse

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
lol. But its true, the only danger to using it, is its the same thing as laughing gas so its not good to use it as a daily driver.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 710
sorry. allow me to rephrase.
yes, it is a cold gas, but i was wondering if it is plausible that the gas with this operation could effect greater performance from the subs via cooling the VC- reducing consequent distortion and increasing thermal power handling-or is it more likely a failed attempt that causes more damage than good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
ima have to get some N2O then...while driving around you see some h0es and be like damn my subs need a power boost let me push that button for extra thumpin..people start soupin up G@Y sony subs so it can get louder than Jackhammers and MTs lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Yeah, theoretically it should help in thermal power handling depending on how well its set up. If you move the sub past linear excursion, its going to distort anyway.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 354
imo, More damage than Good :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
i suppose that it could work for cooling purposes but so would air conditioning lol...and no one knows how the voice coils would react when exposed to this substance or if the substance could destroy sny part of the sub.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 355
just buy a better sub!! lol

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 714
i ask, because if there is really something to this, it could potentially launch a boost in car audio. there could be optional ports in motor structures to which one would have the option of inserting available nos also offered by the company. or something. i know there are members on this forum with a background in engineering. so i was just wondering.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 356
speakin of subs, i'm fu(kin hungry!! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
It's only laughing gas. I got an idea. Your driving around with someone and you have a button to make the "subs get louder" and by the time the passengers realize what's happening, they'll be too busy laughing at the passing trees in the windows.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 357
hmmmmm...pretzels and sweet tea...LATE NIGHT MUNCHIES!! lol

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1075
you can just use Co2, probably much cheaper and same effect. Yes I believe it would help on long extended playing but in burps it would have no effect at all cuz coils don't get hot anyway in really short periods of time. Also no it will not magically make your sub louder by cooling the coils.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 358
in theory they will play louder longer, b/c your VC's won't melt, but not louder as in decibel gain

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Hey bassman, you been in school or sumtin? Remember to free ice, Quick Shot and Chris.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1076
And this can only be done in ported enclosures cuz if it was sealed the pressure build up would effect the sub movement possibly makeing it a bad thing and who knows it could add some benefit. Someone would have to try and find out.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1077
yeah i just started school it sucks and i have no idea what else you were talkin about lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 360
they got banned:-(

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 361
for post wh0ring lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 362
and creating an off topic thread, and post wh0ring on that thread lol

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1078
lol, seriously?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
yup, I had just reached 600 posts.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 363
yup, i was posting in that thread too, but chris Klein had like 500 posts in about 6 hours, so they banned him, and then I.C.E.Man, and Quick Shot for joining in:-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
hey we never post whored we helped a whole bunch of people and you were whoring right with us Muddy
FREE QUICK SHOT, ICE, AND CHRIS

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 364
and now it looks like they are NOOBS!! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
man just when i reached 800 posts too

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 365
i know, i already said that, but to the amdin, i guess it looked like you were screwin around..

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 366
admin*

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 367
lol, you just said you weren't post wh0ring, but I was post wh0ring right with you, lol

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1081
lmao I remember seeing some threads where you guys were like trying to hit 200 posts and ones where chris was like the last post on almost like 20 threads.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 368
i think the only reason i didn't get banned was b/c cucu didn't report me to the admin, b/c i never argued with him, that's kinda fuked up though isn't it?:-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Well time to do more post wh0ring.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
man f**k that b!tch @$$ noob it aint our fault that we pwned him and made him feel stupid as hell because he didnt know what he was talking about

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 369
lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Me neither, but look where I am. I WILL RETURN!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
I mean who the fu(k uses someone elses picture to make them think it's him.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 370
this will be the 19th off topic post in this thread in a row lol

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1082
where is that thread where you pwned him? was it deleted or what?

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 371
direct Quote from cucu: "hahahaha i was the one who emailed the admini and let him know what was going on about the off topic posts and too many people flooding up the forum(cough quickshot,ice,chris) i wasnt the only one the admini said hes been getting alot of emails from this forum lately. So nobody cares since I wasnt the only one Good luck in the new forum you find."

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 372
hmm..bad color lol

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisk

Post Number: 26
I pwned everybody for a while there. I got banned earlier today for a short time as well(like 2 min) BUT I WILL NEVER DIE!!! lol.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 373
welcome back ho lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
I especially pwned him. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
What you talking about foo. You couldnt keep up with me. I was like superman while you were like the swamp thing moving slow as shi!

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 374
i like the new name

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I have now posted aprox. 1350 times now. Dont let that measley 27 fool you. I am the Ultimate Post Ho. lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Thanks, yeah ho we know. lol

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 106
I think its funny that i can still pick the same name that shows up to everyone even after i got banned. I still cant beleive they havent deleted that "busy" post that i created. The Admins must not be paying any attention. Either that or they have been bomarded with alot of complaints. lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos13

USA

Post Number: 11
I missed it too muddy you cant see nothing its too yellow. So they snitched on you guys that is pretty fucked up. Is that the only reason why they dindt ban cucu cause he snitched? Im with you Guys

BAN CUCU!!!!!

FREE QUICKSHOT,ICE, AND CHRIS

lol I registered here first last year and you guys still have more posts thatn me lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Which name do you think i should stick with??? Chris Klein of course is the one i have used most, but i still think that this one is funny. Plus everyone will know that i am without actually doing it EVERY night. Ice, why didnt you just make your name the same, you could have.

Bronze Member

I don't think that they really care either. I mean cmon I'm sure its people who've done more post whoring than us. Well maybe not you.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 379
direct Quote from cucu: "hahahaha i was the one who emailed the admini and let him know what was going on about the off topic posts and too many people flooding up the forum(cough quickshot,ice,chris) i wasnt the only one the admini said hes been getting alot of emails from this forum lately. So nobody cares since I wasnt the only one Good luck in the new forum you find."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
I know, I just decided to use this name until I get my posts up sum more. You should change your name to UPH. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
You know you can use quote right?

quote:

hahahaha i was the one who emailed the admini and let him know what was going on about the off topic posts and too many people flooding up the forum(cough quickshot,ice,chris) i wasnt the only one the admini said hes been getting alot of emails from this forum lately. So nobody cares since I wasnt the only one Good luck in the new forum you find

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 380

quote:

You know you can use quote right?

got it lol

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos13

USA

Post Number: 13
how do you register again when you get banned just in case other people get banned you can help em out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Switch Browsers. if that doesnt work just downoad a trial version of HideIp and it will hide your address long enough to register under a new name. Once registered turn of the hideip and it wont lag anymore, then your set.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
sh!t if you have dsl you could probably just go to renew ip adress and that should change your ip i think

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1083
lol, all you had to do was highlight the yellow words and they become white with a blue background.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 383
this is true lol
i'm out, headed for the daily slumber:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
l8ter

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
I went into the command prompt and typed "ipconfig/release" which gets rid of the address, then type "ipconfig/renew" and it should renew a new address. However, i have tried that numerous times and i always seem to get the same address. You can always try it though.

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

i think it would be a better idea to just convert one of those mini-fridges into a sealed enclosure (latch the outside to prevent air leakage from door flying open). keep yer VCs cool and when you need to kick back grab a cold drink. b|tchin'
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us