Bass remote

Username: Aud

Post Number: 6
i got a bass remote for audiobahn intake amp (A8000T) and i was wondering are u spost to cut the bass boot all the way up on the amp or all the way down

Anonymous

Usually all the way up then you control it with the bass boost (remote).

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 526
I can't really understand either of your statements because they don't really make sense...

1.) set the gain on your amp...turn the gain all the way down...turn the volume on the headunit to about 2/3 and adjust the gain accordingly...

2.) use bass boost sparingly...I prefer not to use it...i'd rather just crank up the amp a bit and keep the bass boost off in order to get a flatter response curve for more balanced sound.

03-EXPO
Unregistered guest
TURN YOUR BOOST ON YOUR AMP ALL THE WAY DOWN. EVERY SONG IS DIFFERENT. IF YOU PREFER MORE BASS IN A SONG YOUR LISTENING TO THATS WHEN YOU USE YOUR KNOB.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 172
I heard that remote bass control can damage subs. Will leaving the boost all the way up do any damage ?

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 104
It depends on if the sub is clipping in any sort of way.

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 92
well the bass boost for that amp only makes frequencies centered at 45hz louder - usually it's set to however you like it(user preference). and like ice said, bass boost isn't harmful unless it drives yer amp into clipping.

think of yer remote as the "master volume" control for yer sub(s).

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 84
I believe he's asking about how to set the knob on his amp, if he wants to use a remote to control it.

If this is the question - you need to turn the bass boost on your amplifier all the way down, before plugging the remote in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us