Which System will be louder???

Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 1
Okay just asking some opinions on what system do you think will be louder and overall better based on the details i give of each system. The two systems are My friend's, and mine, respectively.

Cadillac Seville STS w/ Stock Bose Stereo

-Bose factory radio/cd player
-Factory Bose front and rear Speakers
2 12" Alpine Type R Subwoofers
1 JL 1000/1 Amp

Chevy Camaro Coupe

Jensen VM9410 Head-unit 7" Screen w/ built-in DVD player
6.5" Infinity in front
6.5" Alpine in back
Alpine MRV-F340 4 Channel Amp (for the speakers)
2 12" Power Acoustik FUBR-12
1 Power Acoustik 1920 Plasma Sphere Amp (880 RMS bridged) (for subs)
Tsunami 1.2 Farad Power Capacitor.

Keep in mind the camaro is a hatchback, so the subs sound bounces right off the rear window, and the seville, the subs are in the trunk.

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 45
your speakers are way better than his factory bose but his Type Rs smoke your Power Craptastik subs in sound quality and their probably louder than yours too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
well since your cars a hatchback yours is probably louder inside but with both trunks open and standing outside his are probably louder but i guarantee that they sound better than your subs

Post Number: 2
how will his SQ be better? purely that his are alpines and mine are PowerAcoustik?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
those Type Rs sound good and everything that ive seen thats PA sounds mediocre-bad to me although you never know because a box can make or break a sub so it all depends on what kind of box you guys have

Post Number: 3
do u think his system is just LOUDER bass wise, or is it overall better as well? I mean his stock radio looks like sh*t compared to my headunit, especially when I have music videos playing on a burned DVD on the screen at night and the plasma sphere pulsing on the power acoustik amp...
http://www.poweracoustik.com/PLASMA.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
his is better bass wise but you beat him speaker/head unit wise so overall your system is probably better..now if you had his subs and his amp then your system would be real nice
Him=Good Bass
You=Good everything else

Post Number: 4
just for kicks....his type R's are 500 Watts RMS and my PA are 700 RMS. basically what u are saying is that his bass will sound tighter at higher levels, correct?

Post Number: 5
ya i f*cked up in the beginning and bought the PA subs, and then i was kinda stuck with them, and i bought the PA amp because it looks sick at night when u look in through the hatch and its pulsing blue with the bass....but personally for me the PA subs aren't bad, they still turn heads when I drive by, and I have the loudest system at my school (the kid with the R's and JL amp goes to another school) I may upgrade later to new subs...but i think it'd be pointless to buy better subs and keep the amp i have now. So we are talking at least another $500 to upgrade my bass, even after i sell what i have now. I just pride myself in my main speakers/tweeters...because a lot of people just buy subs and don't upgrade their highs, and then the bass drains out the actual words of the songs....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
yea i have that problem since i left my speakers in my other car for my mom and im broke right now and my 9500 drowns out all words...but yea i would upgrade the subs/amp all at one time but your system is straight...sh!t i probably have the second loudest system at my school now the 1st is this girl with 2 MTX 9500 15" in an expedition(idk were she got that sh!t from) but idk i think shes underpowering her subs so if i ever got around to porting my box(made the box to ported specs but never cut out the hole) i might take her although she has good speakers and im still running around with factory eclipse speakers:-(

Post Number: 6
what is you IM? is alot quicker lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
quicksh0txmlx

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 431
LOL you know a chick that has a system, most of the chicks i know hate my system there always like turn that sh!t down.

Post Number: 7
lol ya my girlfriend basically says that all her cheerleader friends think i'm "wicked g a y" when i blast my music.... i like to respond with "their just jealous" but idk how credible that is

Username: Chrisk

Post Number: 9
To tell you the truth, i would have to say that i am unsure that the Jensen HU would sound better then the BOSE. I hate BOSE, so it is kinda hard for me to say that, but Jensen is not really a medium/high end company.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4411
1) He is powering his Type Rs properly, you are underpowering your FUBRs by a pretty good amount. But, your subwoofers are decently efficient and you will get good SPL out of them. You aren't going to blow him away in SPL, it will be close apples to apples, but it will be the difference in the cars more than the subs that gives you the SPL advantage. Depends on the box you're both using as well. SQ wise, I'll give it to him.

2) Your components (Infinity and Alpine) are superior to stock Bose speakers. You will outperform them IF and ONLY IF yours were installed well. Install=75% of the overall result, if not more. You also have them amplified well, so you'll have added benefit.

3) Your HU isn't going to give you a SQ advantage over your friend, but you'll get the flair of a screen and DVD capability. Not my thing, but obviously important to you and that's what matters.

Post Number: 8
Good post Jonathan...

i had a middle of the line alpine deck from 2003 (i forget what model) and i loved it. Great SQ. But I really wanted a 7" screen/ built-in DVD player setup though in my car, becuz reguardless of who made it, it looks nasty at night. and i play music videos burned onto a DVD-R which is a nice touch, to have the music and actual video playing at the same time, plus i have it installed to play while in motion...

Yes i know i gave up SQ, but it doesn't sound bad at all... not as good as the alpine decks, but its all how you way the importance of features on the deck you want. Sure i could have gotten an alpine 7" DVD-player deck for more than double the cost of the jensen, but for the price, i felt the jensen was worth it.

What do you think i need to properly power my PowerAcoustik subs? i have 880 RMS bridged now. You thinking like 1200 RMS? because with the amp i have now, when i have the system up real loud, and i open the hatch, the subs are bumping like mad, and they sound like they are popping....and i kno that can't be good. But i would think that is a result from overpowering, not underpowering.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us