Longo? wolfie? crack head????

anonimizer
Unregistered guest
i was wondering, if you guys had a way of explaining to all of us in a :

"t.s. parameters for idiots" sort of way

why do we need them? why is a higher qts better for a certain box than a lower qts? please in kindergarten words. we must all know

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 67
I am crack head what do you want, lol j/k. t/s parameters are the mechanical specs for a sub. They are used to determine the box that the sub goes in.

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 68
The type of box.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9163
the TS specs of a speaker are the mechanical and electrical properties of the speaker either at rest, or within linear limitations of movement. (moving, or in use, but staying linear)

every speaker is a bit different in those characteristics, and those TS specs determine how the speaker is going to react under various conditions.

no single spec will tell you if a sub is good or bad, but if the numbers are accurate (like DUMAX ratings) then you can use the numbers to determine how the speaker is going to behave.

In the case of Qts, it's the total Q of the driver at Fs. Qts is a measure of the driver's tendency to resonate at Fs, based on its overall characteristics. Qts can be calculated using the equation: Qts= Qms*Qes/(Qms+Qes))

Qms is the mechanical Q of the speaker, and Qes is the electrical Q of the speaker. The tendancy of a speaker to resonate at it's Fs affects how the speaker will perform in a ported or sealed enclosure at or near it's resonant frequency due to the amount of damping or control exerted over the driver's movement by the enclosure.

anonimizer
Unregistered guest
holy sh!t glass, i wanna have your kids now.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9170
:P

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 694

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 695
on a sane note,
what is ":P"? seen it a few but never knew (no noob jokes please, lol).

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3870
:P = a guy licking!

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9177
someone sticking out their tongue

apparently to Isaac, it has something to do with oral eroticism.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 698
ahhhh. i see it now. kind of like those pictures in the mall that you have to stare at passively for a while before you actually see the image (whatever happened to those, anyway).
sweet.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3874
Hey that's what a girl told me GlassWolf. I didn't want to argue with her. :-)

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9188
"it's a sailboat!!!!"

-mallrats

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 186
Hehe, that seems like such a funny question to me. But, glass is right, its just someone sticking out their tongue.

Pretty much, ask anyone under the age of like 24. They'll all know. Anyone that talks on any chatting program, AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc... will know what all the smileys mean. I say anyone under about 24 because they have been using them to chat online for a lot of they're life.

:-) :-( :-P ;-) :'( >:o =-o... and the list goes on, haha. With variations of every one, but the same concept.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us