Need amp for 2 infinity kappa perfects.

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 88
i've decided i think i'm going to go with 2 12" infinity kappa perfect subwoofers. i'd like to get a 600w X 1 amp or 300w X 2 amp for them. they're 350 watts rms a piece. so i'd like to power them nicely.

i'm on a budget. i'd like the cheapest amp i can find.

are these decent subs to go with?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3856
For $140 range, Audiobahn's A8002T and A8000T works great.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3857
For $140 range, Audiobahn's A8002T and A8000T works great.

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 25
i have them and they're awesome. the SQ is great and they hit some serious lows. they are very loud and clean. i was pushing them with a rockford fosgate punch 800.2 (which was an actual 1150 watts), but that was stolen so now i'm gonna have a fosgate power 851s2ch amp hooked up to them. you would be very pleased with them, but i must suggest 2 things. over power them, they can definately take an extra 100 watts each easily and also don't go with a lousy amp. if you want an affordable, but good amp check out soundstream theres a xta880.2 for about $200.

Username: Quickshot

Post Number: 6
that audiobahn is ok but i would rather get something like a Kicker KX 600.1 for about $250 at most off ebay..that amp is way better than that audiobahn and is supposed to be underrated so youll get more power out of it

FREE QUICK SHOT, ICE, AND CHRIS

Anonymous

I am in the same situation almost.. i going to get 2 infinitys but they are only 300rms each if i used the audiobahn A8002T that is 100watts more each sub. do you think overpowering them by 33% is a good idea?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
thanks a lot guys. i appreciate it. and where can i look at the soundstream amp and other's for a good price and good company?

Anonymous

bump^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
anyone know where i can get these amps and look at them?

Bronze Member

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 38
well you can look at the Kicker and Audiobahn amps at your local audio shop including Circuit City but i would buy them off ebay because its way cheaper

Anonymous

since no one answered my question and now its way up there ^^^^ ill ask once more:
I am in the same situation almost.. i going to get 2 infinitys but they are only 300rms each if i used the audiobahn A8002T that is 100watts more each sub. do you think overpowering them by 33% is a good idea?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
miller, i bought my soundstream xta480.4 from ebay. her is what your looking at.
http://www.epinions.com/Soundstream_2CHAN_XSTRM_AMP_880W_Car_Audio_Amplifier/dis play_~latest_prices/pp_~1/sort_~avg_rating/sort_dir_~des/sec_~

anonymous, you would be better off over powering it by that much so yes your all good. over powering doesn't neccessarily mean you have to jack the gains all the way up or have your volume peaked, but you won't be working your amp as hard if it doesn't have to peak itself to push your subs...

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 86
the perfects are 350W RMS? maybe yer thinking of the references... or are they an older pair of perfects?

either way, unless they are DVC you wont be able to use the A8002T with them. that amp gives 400w rms x2 @ 2 ohms. so a SVC 4 ohm won't work. bridging the amp wouldn't work for you either.
however the Audiobahn A8000T would (considering yer subs are SVC 4 ohm). its 800w rms x1 @2 ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow1290

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 95
WTF a Josh Miller change your damn name

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow1290

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 96
recently changed name to ShadowFox

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i think miller has the perfects and i assumed annonymous had the refrences. i could be misstaking.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i was looking at the perfects on crutchfield. they're 350 watts rms. i would be willing to get DVC. but how exactly would i go about wiring them to run at 2 ohm?

Bronze Member

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 85
annonymous dont worry about overrpowering your subs with that amp its overrated so its putting out around the rms of your subs

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 98
sorry, i was thinking of the kappa paerfect VQs, they're 400w rms.

so if you get two kappa perfect 12.1D's (D=dual voice coil) you can wire them to the A8002T.
for sub#1: connect both positive terminals on sub together(like a "Y" split). do the same with the negative terminals. then connect yer pos and neg wires to one channel of the amp.
repeat for sub#2, except connect it to the second channel on the amp.
or if you want to stick with the two SVC kappa perfects, get the A8000T. connect the pos terminals of both subs together, repeat with negs, and connect to amp.

happy wiring!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us