For under a $1000...

Unregistered guest
Alright heres the deal guys, i have a good connection with a electronics store that also sells car audio, but they dont sell too many brands... the brands i can get are Audiobahn(which i heard is crap), Pioneer(I dont think they make good subs though), Kicker and MTX... out of all i believe MTX is probably the best brand with kicker right behind it...

i wanna know what the best combination of sub(s) and amp(s) to power them would be out of those brands for under $1000, help me out, thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 413
what do you want???, spl, sq,

as far as amps kicker no doubt

subs, probably the 9500 MTX or if all you want is loud L7's(kicker)

also you might want to look into upgrading your alternator and battery

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 40
I would have to agree with Mike. With those choices i would have to say the 9500's, but i have heard some good things about the high-end pioneer premeir subs. I think the SPL world record used pioneer premier, but i could be wrong. Kicker makes pretty dam good amps so they would be your only choice really for amps.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2739
2 CVR's, with the MTX 801D amp.., sql system... and not much money.:-)
I'm not a big fan of Kicker amps.
Spl, 2 L7's, with the MTX 1501D amp. That would really pound.

Jon Brink
Unregistered guest
Well, i ordered today im getting 2 kicker 15" CVR's and a Kicker KX850.2 amp, think it will sound good? im just throwing them in a cheap enclosed box till i find a better one... and sorry if i sound like an idiot but what exactly do SPL and SQL mean?

Username: Jon_brink

Matamoras, Pa US of A

Post Number: 2
nvm Sound pressure level and sound quality, i want to find a ported bandpass box to improve the SPL but its hard to find one for 2 15's

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2746
Yup, it should sound good.

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 30
no dont get bandpass their not very good and thye only respond to certain frequencys..if you want loud get a ported box
also you choose some good stuff but in my opinion you shouldve went with 1 MTX 9500 with a MTX 1501D amp

Username: Jon_brink

Matamoras, Pa US of A

Post Number: 4
last subs i had were a pair of 12" audiobahns...lol... i used em for like 5 months and now im selling them for what i paid... maybe ill do that with these subs in a few months and upgrade again, right now i have a sealed box for the 15's so i need to find a ported one...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us