Orion hcca 150

Username: Djguera2382

Sc

Post Number: 1
I got this amp a couple months ago but I dont know much about all I know is that is a cheater amp and that its supose to put out a lot of power please if anybody knows anything let me know im trying to build a system but I need to know what this amp can do

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 500
COMPETITION AMPS EVER MADE(<.03% THD FROM 20 - 20,000 Hz). IT IS IN AMAZING CONDITION WITH NO FLAWS TO SPEAK OF. I USED THIS AMP IN THE IASCA WORLD FINALS TO POWER THREE JL AUDIO 12W6 SUBS AND MY MB QUART COMPONENTS. IT IS RATED VERY LOW FOR COMPETITION PURPOSES AT 2X25 WATTS INTO 4 OHMS ON THE HIGH CURRENT CHANNELS(RATED DOWN TO 0.5 OHMS) AND 2X50 WATTS ON THE HIGH VOLTAGE CHANNELS INTO 4 OHMS(RATED DOWN TO 2 OHMS), 150 WATTS TOTAL RMS(800 WATTS TOTAL DYNAMIC POWER), FED BY A PROPRIETARY HYBRID PRS DUAL POWER SUPPLY.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9142
there is no 150hcca. did you mean 250HCCA or 225HCCA?

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 502
Sorry, didn't know that, there is someone on ebay selling one as the 150, that's where I got the above from.

Username: Djguera2382

Sc

Post Number: 2
there is a hcca 150 I have one and I need some info on it

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 508
Is that a 150r?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9143
must be one of the later overseas made ones. when Orion was self owned, they never made any single channel HCCA amplifiers

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9144
oh wait, are you talking about the 150R?

that was a second or third generation Orion HCCA amplifier. it was 25x2/50x2, stable to .5 ohms on the 25 watt channels, and 1 ohm on the 50 watt channels.

It's just a 225HCCA and a 250HCCA crammed into a single casing.
exact same specs, candy red case, should have the newer Orion emblem on the face, with the circle with lines through it, and no star.

it's not a bad amplifier, if you have a use for it, but it's one of those amps you sort of design a system around.. not the type you buy to toss into a system you alrady have in mind.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9146
ok, I looked.. the 150R is 3rd gen. it came out a little bit after I stopped dealing directly with Orion. Your 150R should have internal fusing and screw-terminals for power and speaker wires.
That's something added later by Orion, just like the built in crossovers.
The really "old school" Orion stuff used a wiring harness for speakers and remote trigger, and the power and ground are soldered directly to the board with the wiring coming through a gromet at the bottom of the amp's case. The old Orion amps also had no internal crossovers or fuses aside from the big glass maxi fuses used in amplifiers like the SX series you had to access by removing the bottom plate. Primitive by today's standards, but at the time, focus was more toward performance than features. Older Orion amplifiers also all had a 5 pin DIN port for their balanced signal path and processors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us