Competition This Weekend :-)

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 293
Well this weekend im going to my first competition basically just to get my car metered. It is sunday right down the street from my work. So after i get done with work on sunday im gonna cruise down there and just have some fun.

Are there any tips or things i should know before i go. I already am not going with the expectation of wining or really hitting that high of a number since they are going to put me in street B since im running 1 15 with only 1000 watts. I don't have any test tones or anything to use to meter my stuff with though. Also since my box is tuned to 34htz is that what tone i should be using. I know realm of excursion has test tones but they dont tell you which one your using. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 566
Your box plays highest at about 6 or 7 hz above tuning.

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
so i should try my first pass @40htz

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
Give or take some.

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
Ice where can i download some good test tones like the ones where it says how many cycles your running before it starts? Anyone have any that they would like to sell me

Silver Member

Post Number: 579
Oso, you have a p2p program right? I think you can find some test tones on there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
I've tried 3 diffrent ones but to no avail. so im stuck.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 214
First off you need to run the official DB Drag cd when in the lane. For your first run play the track that has a sine sweep. This will drain alot of voltage but it will also give you a chance to find your note. Ask the judge or whoever is running the computer to let you know what note was highest during the sweep. Remember this note because it will be the track you'll want to play for the next rounds.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
will they give me the cd when i pay for my registration or do i need it before hand. If i need it before hand where can i get it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
will they give me the cd when i pay for my registration or do i need it before hand. If i need it before hand where can i get it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
?

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
No one knows

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 994
Have you tried a google search?? I doubt they provide you will a CD, but i could be wrong.

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
i have tried every search on ever forum i can find to no avail

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
Can you get ahold of any competitors or the people who set the contest up??

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
tried termpro.com forum and no response and its their event db drag hopefully someone will be nice at the comp and let me borrow their disk if im not supplied with one for the comp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1012
Hopefully. Can you contact the makers of the forum with a phone call or email??

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 215
In usaci you must use thier copy for each run. In db drag i think you can use thiers. I know for sure you can purchase an offiacial cd at the event.
BTW, your note (hz) will be relative to not only your boxes tuning but the cars resonant frequency as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1067
Yes, i am glad you finally got answer, i was curious myself, thanks Zac.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1099
it didnt log it again, wtf does that keep happening, that and those filer locking errors. This forum must be alittle buggy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1107
Dam, it still hasnt logged my last posts. This thing needs to kick it in gear.

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 27
I disagree with running sweeps. He should manually switch through 37 to 43. I have yet to find a good sweep for the time alloted during competition.

The CD can be bought there. If they are some how out, ask to borrow one. I have never been to a competition where there isn't people wanting to help. It seems like we're a close little community.

Where's the competition at? Say OH and I'll shoot myself.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 216
I would normally agree with sweeps equaling "BAD" but in his case it is the best option. His note may be 40, it may be 60.

There should be 2 different test sweeps, one is faster than the other and......ahh, he!!, just a sec, i've got one out in the truck, brb.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 217
OK, i'm looking at a db drag db jams volume 7 cd. it sucks. the sweeps are retarded. but i still think running track 19 is your best bet for the first run. Be sure to ask the judge running the mic to let you know what note is loudest after the sweep. Unless he's a jerk they will let ya know no problem.
This particular track plays a 3 40-80hz sweeps. The track is 30 seconds long but the sweep itself is only 5 seconds. The sweep will be repeated 3 times beginning at track times of 5, 15, and 25.

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
Yeah John it is in ohio in Westlake about 15 min west of Cleveland. Right on detriot road

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=27303+Detroit+Rd.,+Westlake,+OH+44145,+USA&spn=0.0 27039,0.024995&hl=en

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I was so going to go to that comp and then gas prices has went up yet again. Let me know how it goes. Hit on those Penthouse chicks for me.

And that's half the reason why I don't like sweeps. 40-80hz? I doubt his "tone" will go above 45hz. Plus, a very important factor that has yet to be mentioned...what vehicle is he in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
honda civic 4dr sedan im planning on dropping the back seat but im not sure if i shoul turn the box so the port fires into the cabin for the burp or leave it firing about 6 inches from the trunk. The only deadning i have done is 50ft in the trunk it still rattles a lil but thats expected.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
There's a formula to figure out what hz you should use. I can't find it. Anyone else have it? As far as flipping your box...I wouldn't know. Mine has always fired up to avoid building a wall.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
im not good with formulas. So ill just try the sweep from their cd and see what happens

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 218
I know of three different civics. The res freq of those cars seem to be around 60 hz. That is outlaw however, drag is sealed so you need to lower the resonance a few hz, say 56,57hz. that is my guess for your note.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
There you go Oso. Try what zac said. It's the resonance freq. that I was trying to find. I guess the sweep would be best for you. Ugh, I hate saying that.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 539
better yet. a customer of mine has 2 15's in his civic, slot port box tuned to 35hz, subs back ports back. i will test it tonight on the termlab legal on the dash and let you know his note. so check back because i am gonna do this for ya.

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
so I should run a 40-60 sweep and then find out where i hit my best numeber? Then use that tone for my next run. Im also planing on doing their new street beat competition where you play normal music for 30 seconds. I have a couple of good songs and im going to turn off my highes as to not offend anyone with the lyrics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
lol, i know john. sweeps suck haha but for him, probably his best bet. Btw, i checked out your stats page, nice :-) keep up the great numbers.
Oh ya, did you hear david alfaro died in a car accident a few days ago? sucks ey? he and his brother used to come up to shows in wisconsin all the time, we'll miss him.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Thanks.

Yeah, I heard he died. Didn't know it was from a car accident?

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 20
Let us know how it turns out Oso. I am really curious as to what an Ava normally hits.

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
oso, nate is on his way over here to the shop. we'll have it tested in an hour or so.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 88
Let how know the results as soon as you can Zac.

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 135
"Ice where can i download some good test tones like the ones where it says how many cycles your running before it starts? Anyone have any that they would like to sell me"

go to down loads here 1 i think that may help
v

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
56hz outlaw in kick (usaci)

53hz legal on dash (db drag)

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
ok so i should try 53 on my first run then?

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us